The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Do You ever feel like this when workin on your DSM????

Do you work on your own car?

• I do my own work 99% of the time.

Votes: 31 43.7%
  • I do quite a bit of work but dont attempt on some projects.

Votes: 31 43.7%
  • I put my intake in.....and do some things....

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • I leave it to the professionals.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HipHop615

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 8, 2003
Simi Valley, California
I have a 1998 Eclipse GS and blew my heater core....I ran my heater non stop for ahwile to keep my engine temp down cuz I was running turbo without an intercooler (yes i know stupid) and it blew the core....I had coolant flood my carpet, not a pretty site or smell...I had to take out the entire dash and heater unit and all that good stuff....after getting stuck in the process and sitting on the ground in denial telling myself that there was nothing wrong with the car... :rolleyes: I decided to take a picture about how I felt at the moment....when ever you work on your DSM do you ever feel like this?????

HERES HOW I FELT.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

HERES WHY I FELT LIKE THAT.

I feel like this.... Because my car owns me :( j/k
I like to start working on my car but then half way through I start to feel like it will never get finished..

Attachments

• 346224_54_full.jpg
    346224_54_full.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 296
yes, sometimes I feel even worse than that. It all goes away when the pedal hits the floor.(too bad that hasnt happened for about 3 months :rolleyes: )

It will run again soon...soon.

How about this guys...

My car for the first time yesterday since feb of 03 hit the open roads. Today thanks to a catastrophic oil leak I am taking it down again. Besides the oil leak tuning this POS is a headache all in its own. From now on Im taking it to the pros and taking myself to the poor house :(

tranny swap for a friend in my garage

a funny story:
a friend of mine hit a curb taking a corner and bent the subframe. after much fun later, he finally got the thing back on the road. he had been working on it in a friends garage, and after he finished took it for a drive. well he felt something rubbing when he turned the wheel, and immediately thought something was very wrong. he was infuriated thinking he had screwed up the frame or the strut tower. he got outa the car and pounded on the pass side fender and chipped the paint with his bare hands. one of his friends roomates came out right in the middle of the dsm hate crime...later relaying to us it wasnt a pretty site. we then all took turns hitting the fubared fender with our fists...a ballpeen hammer, and other interesting objects....(he didnt care, had an extra fender laying around for some odd reason). well anyways, he cooled off quite a bit when we found that the hat on the kyb shock had been put on wrong and was rubbing in the strut tower....1 compressed spring and several loose bolts later all was well.

I feel bad, all I really do is change my own oil. Exhuast brake pads, rotors, etc. Ive helped put headers and the like on buddies stangsand fbodies but really not much for my car. Funny, nothing for those cars ever fits, H-pipe for stang didn't fit, headers for F-body didn't fit, 3 fuel pressure regulator was a charm for the Trans am, only to find that the injectors didn't fit either. Everything for my DSM has been a 2 second bolt up. I am in the process of my "New foglight bulb" project. SOOO lame. I can't f'ing get to this one bolt without taking off the bumper and i can't get the little squiggly metal peice that completes the circuit back on, dont remember what direction to put it so it'll fit. Really really sad that its the most difficult and time consuming project i have done personally. My dad has mad connections with AutoDynamics(summit Racing Shop) so they do just about everything for our cars. Good people :thumb:

I try to do most of my own projects just to learn more about my car (with the trial and error method) and of coarse to save my ass some money. LOL I went by a few shops to get price quotes to see how much it would cost to get a new heater core installed...just for labor it was $850....thats why I did it myself....

ASMX86Routine said:

OMG Why are you just an upper body and no legs!?

Oh wait... you sneaky chameleon you!

Since I am a girl this is what I definatley feel like sometimes:

I just feel pissed right now because I want to fix my car but my part is on backorder :rolleyes:

L2RTSiAWD said:
I just feel pissed right now because I want to fix my car but my part is on backorder :rolleyes:

Oh I hate that! My cars been down for a week because I'm waiting my parts for my fricken turbo! Turbo swaps generally take me half hour to 45 minutes (depending on lines), but because on some little parts I gotta wait, hopefully by Friday though. I can't wait to see what she'll do with a turbo thats done RIGHT and after the head rebuild. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back