The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

DSM Model Kits and the Dealer Model [Merged 9-7]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

There was a dealer display that's _really_ nice, but no real kits like you probably mean. Last one I saw on eBay pulled in something like $120. And I've never heard of a factory 2G, but there's all that F&F stuff, and the Modifiers, which is really pretty good.

Ok I have looked EVERYWHERE and I can't find a 1g plastic model. Do they even make them? And if so where can i get one.

I dont think they make them, Ive only seen 1G 1:18 Scale models from the Dealer like a long time ago, but thats about it.

Nope cant even find 2g around here. Nothing but Honda and Mustang!

prettyl good job man. I heard that one from the dealer dosn't look good. What is it eclipse, talon?

there was one on ebay about 3 yrs ago that had about 60 different people bidding on it. It sold for somewhere around $250

Yup I saw a red one couple months ago. it went up to 60 bucks don't know what it ended up with. I looked pretty good if you ask me a lot of details.

Theres one at a local hobby shop. I think it is 15 bucks. Just a plain old 91 eclipse I believe in red. If one went for 250, Ill go 75 shipped.

As models go, it's a pretty nice job. Awfully easy to louse up a model.

Attachments

• i-1fgdg.jpg
    i-1fgdg.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 648
Originally posted by Tractionless
Theres one at a local hobby shop. I think it is 15 bucks. Just a plain old 91 eclipse I believe in red. If one went for 250, Ill go 75 shipped.

If you can get a pic....We can talk about it.

There was one earlier in the year on Ebay. Almost had it, but I was on dial up and my damn bid was outdone right at the last second. I was pretty disappointed.

that 1G model, for some reason i thought it was die cast. what scale is it?

Originally posted by GalantGSR91
Turbowop: Where'd you find the VR-4 model?

Ebay baby!! There are like four or five different rally versions of that same model also. You can usually find them on Ebay. That one I built started as a basic non rally gvr4 but I lowered it and put on wheels from a Evo V rally model. I still have like five rally versions in my closet that I haven't even started on yet.

Originally posted by V8BWARE
that 1G model, for some reason i thought it was die cast. what scale is it?
It's plastic. I don't know the scale, I've never seen one in real life- It's at least 1/32, I'm pretty sure it's bigger than 1/24.

i was shopping at meijer and noticed a 1:24 scale model of the fast and the furious eclipse and decided to buy one.

kind of dissapointing tho

the engine looks nothing like a 4g63, has stock intake box on a chrome intake pipe, and stock exhaust.

(ok) What good is this thread without some pictures.??? I would like to see.

If you are talking about the green eclipse in the original fast and furious, then it had the 420a

one of the models has a modded 4G63 engine, i have it, i think it's 1/24,but no idea who makes it, i painted it silver w/ black wheels and lost the ricer wing. looks ok and is very detailed, mods appear to be intake, bigger turbo IC piping, BOV, and is completely chrome. has a cheezy exhaust though the front also seems to mimic a massive FMIC and if painted looks alot like one. i may get pics if i have time.

I have some of the F&F eclipses (just cuz I like eclipses, not like the movie was great)... but in my opinion the best eclipse models (not like there are many around) are made by modifiers... I took my silver one apart today and painted it metallic black pearl... I screwed it up though, like everything else I do :rolleyes:

side note, metallic black pearl is one awesome looking color, I may just paint my car that color someday... when I have some money.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back