The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

General Do I need to retune?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sora

Probationary Member
May 20, 2022
Tampa, Florida
I just got my 97 eclipse gst dyno tuned, and I noticed there is a slight leak from the manifold gaskets.
Do I need to retune the car after I replace the manifold gaskets?
Thank you.

What are you tuning with and how is your car set up?
Which manifold gaskets are leaking?

Good Tuners would have told you that you were leaking and either fixed it or told you to come back after it was fixed. So I have to wonder how well it's tuned now. That will have a lot to do with if it needs to be retuned.

What are you tuning with and how is your car set up?
Which manifold gaskets are leaking?

Good Tuners would have told you that you were leaking and either fixed it or told you to come back after it was fixed. So I have to wonder how well it's tuned now. That will have a lot to do with if it needs to be retuned.
My GST is mostly stock, and the exhaust manifold gasket is leaking. The tuner has mentioned that it started leaking towards the end of dyno tuning and they did not have the gasket for the eclipse, so they left it as it is.
I was just wondering if it needs to be retuned after replacing the exhaust manifold gaskets, or it doesn’t need to be retuned just for that.
I apologize for anything I missed, I just bought my first DSM and I do not have much knowledge on cars in general, though I am trying to learn.

My GST is mostly stock, and the exhaust manifold gasket is leaking. The tuner has mentioned that it started leaking towards the end of dyno tuning and they did not have the gasket for the eclipse, so they left it as it is.
I was just wondering if it needs to be retuned after replacing the exhaust manifold gaskets, or it doesn’t need to be retuned just for that.
I apologize for anything I missed, I just bought my first DSM and I do not have much knowledge on cars in general, though I am trying to learn.
What kind of numbers are you reaching- PSI, HP?

Probably not have to re-tune? Assuming this one thing is "fixed" - the improvement would relate to max boost, and maybe spool time. How are you tuning? Factory ECU? AFC? ECMLink? Something else?

What kind of numbers are you reaching- PSI, HP?

Probably not have to re-tune? Assuming this one thing is "fixed" - the improvement would relate to max boost, and maybe spool time. How are you tuning? Factory ECU? AFC? ECMLink? Something else?
The tuner tuned it with ECMLink and it was going 244 whp after the tune.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back