The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Do I need to recirculate BOV?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMAddict

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 15, 2002
Austin_TX
I dont plan on running over 20psi anytime soon, and going to get the HKSSQ, I want the noise, but in the long run will it really hurt me not to recirculate under 20psi?

u need to recirculate at any psi on a dsm. Thats why we have whats called a compressor bypass valve. Your car will run to rich and tahts not worth the "sound". Our cars do take well to dumping into the atmosphere.

yes you have to recirculate.. although if you wish to vent to the atmosphere.. no one is stopping you.. for some cars its a problem.. and for others it runs like normal.. except in between shifts you will be running rich.. i have that same bov vented tot he atmosphere and i run rich in between shifts.. kinda sucks.. but havnt been able to make the recirculation piece of afford to buy one.. theres one you can make.. search here for hte link..

Yes, you should recirculate back into the intake to avoid the problems associated with not doing so.

good god. dont pay $40 for that piecce of junk kit.
dont make one either, cause that kills flow.

order the HKS SSQV recirc adapter ($15 or so). then buy some 1" ID hose from NAPA. all you need is 2.5"

(i do this every time before a race)

take the 4 screws out of the front of the HKS (you only need to take out 4 out of 8...good luck figuing out which ones!). take the cover off, and insert the recirc tube.

now install the cover back on. dont lose those screws!

now attach the 1" tube over the recirc piece.

finally....take the normal stock recirculation hose and slip it over the 1" hose from the BOV. and BAM thats it. (i suggest hose clamps and JB weld to seal hoses good)

its so easy and costs less than 1/2 of what that kit costs.

Originally posted by Tallen
good god. dont pay $40 for that piecce of junk kit.
dont make one either, cause that kills flow.

order the HKS SSQV recirc adapter ($15 or so). then buy some 1" ID hose from NAPA. all you need is 2.5"

(i do this every time before a race)

take the 4 screws out of the front of the HKS (you only need to take out 4 out of 8...good luck figuing out which ones!). take the cover off, and insert the recirc tube.

now install the cover back on. dont lose those screws!

now attach the 1" tube over the recirc piece.

finally....take the normal stock recirculation hose and slip it over the 1" hose from the BOV. and BAM thats it. (i suggest hose clamps and JB weld to seal hoses good)

its so easy and costs less than 1/2 of what that kit costs.

pics please :) for dumbasses like myself.. :cry:

vented sounds good but BAD.

recirc sounds ok but good.

its all in what you want.
do you wanna be "cool"? lose some power who cares.
you wanna be quick dump it back in and be faster.

any questions?

from my studies nto the subject, most of the people that have severe problems while venting it out have the stock 2g bov. mine ran like sh!t on a stock when i vented the stock bov, but now that i got my ssqv it runs like a champ. its not really hurting my mileage that much, but im going to get the recirc kit because any lost gas is bad for my broke asz.

i have a TurboXS H-RFL which is vented, and right now it runs normally. There might be a little difference when i shift, but to me it's hardly noticable. And i haven't noticed much difference in gas mileage.

from my research into the subject...you wont really see a difference in drivabilty of the car when the BOV is vented. You will however have more difficulties tuning the car for max power.

i dont think youd really have a problem tuning the car with it vented. the only time itll run rich is between shifts and idleing. i havent noticed either of those, but i have noticed a drop in gas mileage.

well do you have a pocket logger or any other loggin device?

It should show that when it goes rich it will stay rich for a short period. If your air fuel is off you will have a loss in power.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back