The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Do I Need Power Transistor, Ignition Switch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GIB

Probationary Member
Jul 9, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
I have a Link Standalone ECU.

Is there a way I can drive the car without a Power Transistor / ignition switch?
Would coil on plug work?

Just in case because the Power Transistors have been discontinued and I've already had to replace mine.

You need a power transistor to run the coils. If you go to a COP that has the power transistor/ignitor built in then you could direct fire from the ecu if the Link ECU has the power to run said COP.

You don't technically need to use the ignition switch. You do need a way to tell the ecu that you want the car to run or not however.

WVE teams with NTK who is the OEM for the factory ignitor. They are in stock at rockauto for a 98 gsx. WVE 6H1079

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back