The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

do i need jpipe, fp green.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OutKastGSX

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
St. Amant, Louisiana
Hey guys i want to order my vrsf intercooler while it is on the gb sale. just want to make sure because i also plan on upgrading to the fp green. do i need to order the jpipe from what I've seenno but just want to make sure. thanks guys

Thanks for the help guys i am going to get it with the tail bov fitting as well and i won't b putting it on till i get the green. also i was wondering what size wastewate should i use(want to externally gate it on o2). as well as what spring. and what tail bov should i use. Thx

Thanks for the help guys i am going to get it with the tail bov fitting as well and i won't b putting it on till i get the green. also i was wondering what size wastewate should i use(want to externally gate it on o2). as well as what spring. and what tail bov should i use. Thx

Spring - 1/2 of the max boost you plan on running with the turbo
Wastegate - 38 is fine, no reason to get anything bigger for that turbo, unless you are hoping to run 4psi consistently...
BOV - Whatever, that wont matter (Q vs classic), if it needs recirculated, it needs provisions for that.

Spring - 1/2 of the max boost you plan on running with the turbo
Wastegate - 38 is fine, no reason to get anything bigger for that turbo, unless you are hoping to run 4psi consistently...
BOV - Whatever, that wont matter (Q vs classic), if it needs recirculated, it needs provisions for that.

Awesome thanks man. Also do you think i will have clearance issues with the radiator/fans with the wastegate? also you said about the provisions for the recurculating. do you.recommend to recurculate or dump? Emissions is not a problem for me LOL.

Awesome thanks man. Also do you think i will have clearance issues with the radiator/fans with the wastegate? also you said about the provisions for the recurculating. do you.recommend to recurculate or dump? Emissions is not a problem for me LOL.

Youll have to ditch the AC fan Id imagine, should fit fine with the radiator though (I havent used this turbo, so Im just guessing).
In good form, you should recirculate, unless you are using MAF after BOV or SD for air measurments. If you dont recirc, you may (or may not) have problems running rich and backfiring between shifts.

Youll have to ditch the AC fan Id imagine, should fit fine with the radiator though (I havent used this turbo, so Im just guessing).
In good form, you should recirculate, unless you are using MAF after BOV or SD for air measurments. If you dont recirc, you may (or may not) have problems running rich and backfiring between shifts.

i think after researching some more and what you said i will recirculate. that brings me to my next question i have heard about slim fans, is there a slim a/c fan? that will allow me to run the o2 wg recirculated? also what else do i need since i dont need the j-pipe for the exhuast i want the thermal r&d but i will have no cat. thanks for sticking with me :)

i think after researching some more and what you said i will recirculate. that brings me to my next question i have heard about slim fans, is there a slim a/c fan? that will allow me to run the o2 wg recirculated? also what else do i need since i dont need the j-pipe for the exhuast i want the thermal r&d but i will have no cat. thanks for sticking with me :)

When he metioned recirculate he was talking about the BOV not the wastegate. Recirculated or dump the wastegate is up to you will not effect your tune. The J Pipe attaches to the intercooler pipes so You can run whatever exhaust you want.

As far as is there a AC slim fan, fans are not specific to sides you just have to buy 2 slims to replace the stock ones. I am not running a Green (wish I was) but you would have to check with someone that is running that setup to ask about clearance. What O2 housing you running? Its possible the maker should be able to tell you.

When he metioned recirculate he was talking about the BOV not the wastegate. Recirculated or dump the wastegate is up to you will not effect your tune. The J Pipe attaches tot the intercooler pipes so You can run whatever exhaust you want.

As far as is there a AC slim fan, fans are not specific to sides you just have to buy 2 slims to replace the stock ones.

ok thanks so i want to run the fp green with the tial wastegate on 02 recir. and vrsf front mount. and thermal exhaust no cat. do i need a j-pipe? LOL, i think i confused myself. what will go connect the exhuast to the turbo if there is no j-pipe or cat? test pipe? sorry im confused :ohdamn::banghead:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
ok thanks so i want to run the fp green with the tial wastegate on 02 recir. and vrsf front mount. and thermal exhaust no cat. do i need a j-pipe? LOL, i think i confused myself. what will go connect the exhuast to the turbo if there is no j-pipe or cat? test pipe? sorry im confused :ohdamn::banghead:

Dont worry about it, the J Pipe (which you dont need) is connected to the intercooler pipes on the lets call it (intake) side of the turbo. On the (exhaust) side of the turbo is the O2 housing, the downpipe (cat is after downpipe) then you have the cat back exhaust. Hence why they call it a cat back.

This is a o2 housig Dump style

This is an O2 housing Recirculated

Ok got it. yea that is like the one i was looking at the punishment racing/tail combo. just needed to know if i was goin to do recirc or not which i am. so for the exhaust i need a downpipe the thermal.exhaust n that's it or is there another piece. or should i jus get a high glow cat?thanks a bunch.

Ok got it. yea that is like the one i was looking at the punishment racing/tail combo. just needed to know if i was goin to do recirc or not which i am. so for the exhaust i need a downpipe the thermal.exhaust n that's it or is there another piece. or should i jus get a high glow cat?thanks a bunch.

Cat or no cat is up to you, but yes you should get a downpipe along with your exhaust.

The O2 housing attaches to the front of this and the exhaust to the end of this.

Awesome thanks a ton guys. y'all r the best. can anyone recommend a good long downpipe?
I would like to put electric cutout as well :D

Awesome thanks a ton guys. y'all r the best. can anyone recommend a good long downpipe?
I would like to put electric cutout as well :D

What kind of Hp you looking to make? There are too many downpipes out to recommend from Apexi, Megan, RRE, Punishment. There is no need for a electric cutout not necessary and its just another thing that can get messed up.

What kind of Hp you looking to make? There are too many downpipes out to recommend from Apexi, Megan, RRE, Punishment. There is no need for a electric cutout not necessary and its just another thing that can get messed up.

400-425hp. y don't u recommend a electric cutout :(

Also now im torn ### or your thoughts ets street intercooler or vrsf intercooler both on sale right now. :confused:

400-425hp. y don't u recommend a electric cutout :(

Also now im torn ### or your thoughts ets street intercooler or vrsf intercooler both on sale right now. :confused:

Just not necessary especially with those goals and just one more electrical thing that can go wrong just keep it simple. Concentrate on the important stuff. Your injectors, pump, tuning method, maintenance a cut out is not going to much but make a lot of noise.

Hey if you can afford the ETS intercooler go for it. Its probably the rolls royce of intercoolers.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back