The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Do I have an EPROM? (I HAVE A PIC of ECU!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n0va91TSI

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 2, 2004
Honolulu, Hawaii
Sorry that the picture sucks. I already put all the interior back together. I can take another if needed.

One of the lines of the serial numbers starts with an "E" does that mean it has an EPPROM?
I vaguely remember hearing that a while back but i just wanna run it but everyone before I order a chip from chipdivers.

thanks

Attachments

• ecu.gif
    ecu.gif
    69.6 KB · Views: 215
Yah, 95% sure all 1g's had eproms. And the E thing proves it at least in 2gs. So go for it

All 1G's are NOT EPROM.

Take off the ECU's cover (just the four screws on the outside), take another pic, and post it up.

I bought an ECU with an 'E' on the sticker/cover, only to find out someone switched the covers from a non EPROM.

Oh yeah: Use a flathead on the screws! They're locktighted, and a phillips will most likely strip them!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back