The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

DO I have a catalytic or a muffler?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arbiter

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 21, 2008
Irun, Europe
I have a question, maybe very silly, but when i go underneath the car, I see something that looks like a catalytic, but I am not sure.

My vin is 4a3ct64u6ne092131, but I am not sure of this, and wincaps doesn't help me much either.

so, to be brief, the question is.

¿Is the thing in the middle of the exhaust, beetween driver and co-driver, a muffler, or a catalytic converter?

Does anyone has got a clear picture of the whole exhaust system of a 1G on car?

Would be perfect a picture of the car on an elevator from below.

I need one for ordering a new exhaust system

Last edited:
Cats on the down pipe, the front of the car, resignator middle, muffler the rear of the car.

Attachments

• stock exhaust.jpg
    stock exhaust.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 103
Ok, let's be clear.

This is a Catalytic converter or a resonator?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I am trying to get a quote for a full exhaust system for my 92 gsx, and it's a totally unknow to most of the shops.

I was asked, "Has your car one or two intermediate mufflers?"
I replied "only cat and final muffler", but shop said, impossible, you must have at least one intermediate muffler (maybe resonator).

Now I am beeing asked for a picture of my car, in an garage elevator, to see the whole exhaust on car, but my car won't move for quite a time.

That picture is facing the front. It's the flex pipe you see near the transfer case, not a resiganator near the rear differential. :)

I got an answer from the european manufacturer, and was quite deceiving. I am going to buy a full exhaust system from the states.

I am looking for a 3" inch system.

What can I look for, if I want to change the whole exhaust?

All cars come from the factory with cats due to emissions it will be the one closest to the engine on the downpipe.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back