The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Do Eclipses have bad engines?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilBattia721

Probationary Member
Jun 22, 2002
Louisville, Louisville_KY
I was talking to my friends and some of them talked about how Eclipses have bad engines and when they hit 100,000 miles, they start to go down hill and you have to put a lot of money into it... Does anyone have any experience with this b/c my dads hatin real bad on my car and doesnt want me to have it.... Thanks

My Talon has 173K on it, I had a friend with a 90 AWD Talon that went 271K before he pulled the engine out cause it was starting to get a lil tired but thats after 271,000 BOOSTED miles, Another frind of mine had a Galant VR-4 that was at 220K when he bought it and it ran very good until he started messing with it. My friends origional Laser engine had 219 on it and he blew the timing belt but the engine ran pretty good until then but the timing belt thing was his fault cause he didnt change it. So I ask you do you still think eclipse motors are bad?? Cause I don't, I think the 6 bolt 4G63T engine is one of the best 4 cylinder engines ever produced in this country where else you gonna find a 4 cylinder engine that can handle 400Hp on stock internals?

But then again you have a '99 GS which has a 420A neon motor I havent heard anything spectacular about those engines.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back