The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

do all auto dsms have this power and economy button

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92tsibacker

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 11, 2006
raceland, Louisiana
On my 92 eagle talon tsi awd I have a power and economy button. I was wondering if that came with the car because on power it shifts much harder and at a much higher rpm than on economy. I also get very bad gas mileage on power.

I think so. Put it in power and see if you have a 4th gear. or just 3 gears. Its probably just a Overdriver button named differently.

Sbeing1 said:
I think so. Put it in power and see if you have a 4th gear. or just 3 gears. Its probably just a Overdriver button named differently.
Actually, 1g's have a separate button to turn the over drive off (it's on the shifter). That button increases the RPM that it shifts at, basically moving the shift points up the RPM band.

BaddAssGst said:
Actually, 1g's have a separate button to turn the over drive off (it's on the shifter). That button increases the RPM that it shifts at, basically moving the shift points up the RPM band.

This is the correct information. Like BaddAssGst said the overdrive button is seperate and is located on the shifter itself, the power/economy button is located on the front part of the console next to the e-brake.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back