The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

DMT's 99 GST Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrunkMcThief

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 29, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Ok so I just got this car about 4 days ago and haven't started working on it yet. well aside from removing the fmic piping and intake. I have already ordered a new Punishment Racing FMIC and Greddy type RZ BOV. I got the car for a good deal cause the previous owner thought it had crank walk.. the motor run strong. it just wasn't tuned right along with leaks from the fmic piping, exhaust leaks and the belt to the alternator had no tension on it. So with all that said here are some before pics of it. As i get to working on it ill update the pics.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Ok so i have been waiting on some parts to come and get back from powder coating so i could get pics and what not. Either way here are some updated pics of where the build is at as of right now.

And for the wife i had a new valve cover powder coated for the white 98 gst i had built so here is an updated pic of that engine bay.

I still have alot more going on with the 99gst so ill post more as i get the parts and get this thing completed.

Ok so i received my new ECM with the ECM Link Chip installed and ECM Link V3 yesterday and got it installed last night. I did a little tuning last night and the better half of this morning and now that I have that part done the car runs like a beast. As i said when i first started this thread the previous owner thought it had crankwalked on him but I can tell you now.... this thing is solid. Right now I have it tuned pushing 15lbs of boost with RC550cc injectors, EVO III 16G Turbo, FP Manifold,Greddy Type RZ BOV, Punishment Racing FMIC & O2 Housing with Atmospheric dump, and a full 3" Thermal exhaust. It pulls very hard very quick. Just about time to hit the track and see what she can do.:hellyeah:

Hey, come to the track this weekend. Saturday night, Imma be there in my Talon and a buddy with his SRT4. You should definently join us!

Ok so some more of my parts finally showed up. here are a few pics. The gauges are Megan Racing - Exhaust Temp, Boost, & Oil Pressure. White Samco Sport radiator hoses, Punishment Racing Atmospheric Dump O2 Housing, and an engine shot with my manifold finally put in.

I will post more shots after i put in my mishimoto radiator & fans and install the O2 housing and hoses.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back