The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

DMT's 98 GST Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrunkMcThief

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 29, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Ok, so I decided to go ahead and post my 98 GST Build since I just got the car and am now starting to put the money & work into it. A lot has changed already but today a lot more is going to start changing. I have a new Evo III 16g turbo with a Forced Performance manifold, Punishment Racing o2 Housing, Punishment Racing 3" Down-pipe, Magnaflow 3" Catalytic converter, Megan Racing 3" Cat Back Exhaust, Avid Racing Solid Poly Urethane Motor Mounts, Punishment Racing FMIC, Mishimoto Slim Radiator Fans, I might be forgetting a part or 2 but that's most of it. I will post pics of the other parts as soon as the UPS guy gets here LOL :thumb:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You are going to want some drag radials, or slicks with that setup.

I'm going to want a lot of things with this set up that's why the thread is called "DMT's 98 GST Build" cause its under construction, the stuff listed is only the start of a lot more to come.

Ok the UPS man finally came so here are some pics of the rest of the parts.

getting it together

Day one is complete and so far I have everything from the manifold back in. Here are a couple of pics 1 of the down pipe with the cat welded in place and the others are how the engine bay is looking so far. The intake is only in at this point to prevent stuff from getting into the turbo for the night.

Question, how is the DSM/ race scene there in the phoenix area??? I'm asking because I'm moving there in a couple weeks...

I live 15 minutes from speedworld, so i, and a couple friends go to the strip every month or two, when things are running well. Lot's of people with broke cars, and fast bench racing slips, like everywhere else.

To the OP. On my evo 3 setup i was running, i broke one of my rear axles launching the car. I could still drive it because i had a welded center diff, which let me try fwd. With nitto 555r drag radials i had no traction until 4th gear. Modding a fwd dsm can often be disheartening when you try to drive the car, and just keep roasting the tires, and unintentionally changing lanes. I would get the car running and try it out before you dump more money into it.

here is the final product after installing all the parts. there is still a lot more to come so there will be a lot more updates to come.:hellyeah:

Be prepaired to have a melted fan next to the exh manafold. I got the same radiator setup and my fan melted. I put the stock one back in on the passenger side and converted the other fan to a pusher and mounted it on the other side of the AC condenser. I have a stock mani and a tubular O2 with external TIAL WG. Since your setup is diffrent than mine, hopefully your fan does better than mine did!

Lookin good! saw the car yesterday at school. I am still jealous! :p But here soon, I will have a few mroe parts as well!

I might need a hand soon on couple performance parts, I don't even wanna try to do it myself and I don't even have a spot to do it at. If you have time.

I can help out too, and may be closer, not sure where he lives. I also have a garage too. Just lettin you know.

I got the same rad setup, fan didn't melt but the wires sure did LOL , I don't have ac so haven't hooked it back up yet though unsure on how I want to accomplish this.

Nice setup though. And where did you get your plug wire cover made?

I just have a fmic,mbc,injectors,pump,turbo. And gonna need a tune obviously. ROFL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back