The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1G DIY headliner Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBoneHere2Kill

Probationary Member
Dec 30, 2021
Port Coquitlam, BC_Canada
Headliner is sagging and peeling back looking into doing my own, looked through a few different post/videos but no goes into any detail about the rubber/plastic/trim edge around the sun roof. Dose it usually get peeled off with the old material and on the new stuff is it just the material folded over onto the top?

The trim for the headliner around the sunroof pulls off and separates from the headliner. There's nothing special to it. You should be able to remove it at will at any time and reinstall without issue.

On mine, I rolled the material for the headliner over the edge around the sunroof hole. Reinstalling the trim piece helped hold the headliner in place as the adhesive dried.

Yup. Nothing special. You can finish the entire job in about 3 hours but you should do this in the summer time so you don’t crack any plastic trim pieces. I cracked both my a pillars. Once you get the headliner out, remove the fabric. It will have some left over glue and foam iirc. Use a hard brush and it’ll all come off in minutes. I did cut mine about 3/4” past the edge and folded it over. Make sure to use the correct adhesive.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back