The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Disturbing dreams

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had this really vivid dream a few months ago where I lived where I grew up, and a tornado hit the house. I got everyone safe in time in the basement, but I was still upstairs because I wanted to see the tornado. It was like an f5 type, destructive as hell. I remember the house just flying apart around me, and then I got swept up into it, and then in an instant I reappeared in the ruins of the house and the sky was blue like nothing happened. The whole neighborhood was in ruin.

In real life though I am counting on seeing a tornado. I plan on driving my car into it so I can see what it looks like. I will probably wear a parachute so if it is a major one and I get swooped up real high I can just try to stay in the tornado until it dissipates, and then skydive down safely.

I don't think people who have heart failure or stroke in their sleep are really predisposed to it. They are probably dreaming of something intense and can't wake up.

if time permits and i feel motivated enough i'll see if i can dig up my old psych book if it hasn't been turned to dust in my attic.

One thing about dreams about cars/vehicles-- especially your own car -vs- some random car is they [tend to] symbolize how you perceive the direction of the "ride" your life is on...

Been stressing out about making any life-changes lately?

as far as money in dreams:

If you dream of losing money you will find unhappiness in your home and future prospects will appear slim. If your dream is of finding money, you will have much happiness in your domestic affairs. If you dream of looking at money it shows that you will have an opportunity to reach your goals and increase your income. If you steal the money, your finances are in danger.

just google "dream analysis" if you really want to find possible meanings to your dreams.

Well there would be a fine about the money in the dream. If you find money in real life, people have become such stupid hippies anymore that you are required to report it, and if you take it, you stole it. I could see that if it was a wallet, but this money was just flying around in puddles of water. That video is somewhat true and somewhat crap. Chicken or the egg. People are born into good lives. If you're born into a good life, you're going to be happy and good things will happen. A predetermined fate is what I believe and and I see, but hey, reality is just perception, and that's my perception and understanding of how everything works. Larry King criticized the film by wondering about how there is so much poverty and death, etc. I don't think it should be called the law of attraction since it's not proven at all. More of a theory, and until we figure out quantum everything 100%, then it will always just be a theory. It would hold ground if say I was the only person in the universe, but other people have free will to do whatever. If someone breaks into my house and shoots me, it's not because of my negative thoughts.

its just like when your dreaming about something and then you are falling and at the point when your falling you wake up all scared... LOL never like those dreams.. im practically used to them but dam they kill my sleep...!!!

I love those falling dreams. I wake up to a huge shake. Scares the shit out of me at the time. But mainly because I'm never away that I was just dreaming when I wake up from a dream. I only remember them in the morning or if I stay up after I wake up from the dream. I tend to have some really whacked out dreams in the morning after my alarm goes off and I shut it off and fall back asleep.

To dream that your arm has been injured, signifies your inability to care for yourself or your helplessness in reaching out to others. You may have been feeling limited and restricted in terms of your freedom or activities. The right arm signifies your outgoing nature and is associated with masculine energy, while your left arm signifies your supportive or nurturing nature and is associated with feminine qualities. Losing either arm may suggest that you are failing to recognize its respective characteristics. [/url]

That reminds me of every post I've ever read from Ramsack! Recently, I had a bunch of disturbing dreams that made it almost impossible for me to sleep at all. All the dreams were about mundane day-to-day shit; people that infuriate me and make my life harder than it needs to be. In reality, I have recently been diagnosed with a serious case of new-girlfriend. She's awesome, of course, so all day long I'm wandering around in a dream-state, my mind blown with happiness. Nothing could piss me off for more than 5 seconds. All the irritating shit that would normally keep me pissed off for about 50% of the waking day just bottled-up, and came out in my dreams. Things have pretty much settled back down to normal, and I'm back to mostly not remembering my dreams.

I don't lucid-dream much, but it has been known to happen. One thing that I'm aware of happening a lot, and recently, too, is when my dream gets so horrible that I decide to wake-up just to end the dream. I'm so scared, mad, hurt, whatever, that I announce "Ya know what, ex-GF? F-you and your stupid BS. This is so unbelievably lame, that I'm just gonna wake up! How you like them apples, bi***?" Or something like that. I'll try it when I'm awake, too. When something bad is going on, I'll search every nook and cranny of reality to try to make sure things aren't as bad as they look. Often, they aren't.

I know vans suck to work on. I think it was a Pontiac Transport, but to reach the oil filter you need to know how to do yoga. Cause you need to reach behind the passenger side tire and then though the cross member to reach that bastard. Our shop recently bought a 2000 VW passat and we had to get the heads serviced cause timing jumped. Well the way things are set up in there is a pain in ass, I had the hardest time putting the head's back. It's on a angle and you have to align the header with downpipe at the same time your putting the head on the block. After all of that the machine shop didn't put one of heads on the right timing and well the valves were reintroduced to the piston. LOL nice

hahaha nice man. i swear if my mom needs anything else for her car ima just tell her the cars totaled and to buy a new one haha

What's scary to think of is that life itself as we know it may be nothing more than a giant dream, and that we'll wake up one day to the "real" reality. I'm really into thoughts and ideas such as this. I have many scientific facts, and a few different scientific theories (mainly the holographic theory) that I find extremely plausible.

I'm just glad that science is finally starting to realize that our ideas about life are nothing but slightly educated guesses.

The only thing that bugs me out is like reality to me is what I see through my eyes. There are billions of people, alive and dead. I can't even imagine another person's perception. No one can have another person's perception or life. I wonder how soon science is going to be able to explain the universe. Stephen Hawking says we're close, and that there is no need for a God. But I think he is just angry at what he is and that's why he doesn't believe.

Just smoke some wizzeed.

Lord I apologize, please be with the starving pygmies down there in new guinea

sleep on the living room couch for a few days.. oh yea dreams about flying are awesome, like i swear they're real until i wake up, and get pissed that i cant fly, rofl

ramsack what did you eat before you went to sleep

I eat one or two meals a day. The later one being a McDouble, McChicken, and 20-piece McNugget with ranch and chipotle BBQ.

sleep on the living room couch for a few days.. oh yea dreams about flying are awesome, like i swear they're real until i wake up, and get pissed that i cant fly, rofl

Tell me about it. Sometimes I dream I could fly but I can't land and I keep floating away to outter space.

Oh yeah op. Imagine this nightmare. Your grandma just died. In the night mare she wakes up from the dead all hard from being balm chasing you around the house. As I wake up from the nightmare something hits me really hard about my car which has nothing to do with the nightmare. and I can't sleep. As if my dead grandma was trying to tell me something.
A few days later my car got stolen with new rims and a two week old paint job. Few days later found it two hours away from my town. What a bXXXX, <----you know!

The only thing that bugs me out is like reality to me is what I see through my eyes. There are billions of people, alive and dead. I can't even imagine another person's perception. No one can have another person's perception or life.

I think that's awesome though, don't you?

I wonder how soon science is going to be able to explain the universe. Stephen Hawking says we're close, and that there is no need for a God. But I think he is just angry at what he is and that's why he doesn't believe.

I don't think we'll ever be able to explain it until we die. Also Hawking recently changed his view on whether or not there's a Creator. Science is pointing in that direction more and more, before long evolution will be the world's biggest myth.

I think that's awesome though, don't you?

Yes, it's just insane to think about.

I don't think we'll ever be able to explain it until we die. Also Hawking recently changed his view on whether or not there's a Creator. Science is pointing in that direction more and more, before long evolution will be the world's biggest myth.

I think he is just changing his stance to gain support. He used to have a straight-up "there is no God" view, but now he has been saying if there is a God or not, science CAN explain the universe. What is there pointing that evolution is going to be a myth? Day by day more things are being discovered that we most likely came from random chemicals coming from comets and other things crashing down on earth. There is a show called "Through the Wormhole" hosted by Morgan Freeman. Interesting stuff. It's not stating anything as fact, but merely questions and what scientists are finding day by day. Science isn't around to debunk a Creator, but to explain how it was created. Anyone with a brain can just see that life seems too important and significant to us for some reason to just be a random bang out of nothing with no intention of intelligent design. I can't wait til I die and I can see how everything came to be and how it will end, and all other things that happened like where is Jimmy Hoffa, who killed Kennedy, and other crazy unsolved things.

It's going to be interesting what happens in the world when we find the Higgs boson and other particles and are really really close to explaining the imbalance between gravity and the other forces, the key to the universe.

I'm not sure if we'll ever actually "see" the Higgs Boson, firsthand. Doing so would essentially open a door to a world we don't know. It's very cool stuff for sure, even if it is on a subatomic level.

Have you look into the measurement problem? If you watch "Through the Wormhole" then I'm sure you've seen it.

To sum it up it's basically something scientists discovered quite some time ago but was kinda put on the back-burner because it's too radical, but no one has disproved it to this day. According to this "fact" scientists state that matter isn't organized into mass (any object) until we look at it. So, in essence, nothing is materialized until we look at it - something that the Holographic theory strongly supports.

Yea, but it seems kind of like BS to me, because things will happen and will always happen, long before and long after one lives. Something like that could never be proven or disproven, because you are looking or you aren't. It's a paradigm, really. There was obviously always matter from time 0 even though no one was around to see it.

I have my own theory about what the 11 dimensions are:

3 spatial + 1 time = dimensions that we know and see as humans.
3 spatial + 1 time = hell, and time would be used to really make eternity agonizing.
3 spatial remaining = heaven, and no time because without time there would just be eternity.

Yea, but it seems kind of like BS to me, because things will happen and will always happen, long before and long after one lives. Something like that could never be proven or disproven, because you are looking or you aren't. It's a paradigm, really. There was obviously always matter from time 0 even though no one was around to see it.

Unless we live in a dream world, almost something similar to the matrix, although I would assume that the "real" world is far different than this one. idk man, I think about this stuff a lot and maybe it's made me a little weird, but I use personal experiences and moments of what seem to be epiphany to shape my beliefs.

I do think that it's impossible for us to ever solve the mystery of life and self-consciousness though. It's like a fully A.I. video-game character on The SIMS discovering what he's made out of - to do that you have to know what's "out there". Just thinking outside the box here.

Yea, I think we only know after we die. I've been told by many people though, reality is not that complex. I think the gov'ts funding all this research should make the scientists take a small to moderate dose of LSD to expand their minds and give them better ideas of stuff to test for. It's crazy what it does to math.

It would be awesome if this all was and AI sim and there was just nothing after death. I really don't like to think about if the soul lives on forever in some form. Screw that, it would be boring.

Also I just re-read this and while you're right about matter being there, that doesn't mean that it has to be organized. The way I look at it is that if the "fact" was discovered long before I was born and still hasn't been disproven, odds are it isn't going to be. Non-locality is also another "scientific fact" that basically states that matter isn't absolute, that it can be in two places at once, which is something that we cannot comprehend no matter how hard we try. I believe this is because we're starting to look at our world from the outside in.

I have my own theory about what the 11 dimensions are:

3 spatial + 1 time = dimensions that we know and see as humans.
3 spatial + 1 time = hell, and time would be used to really make eternity agonizing.
3 spatial remaining = heaven, and no time because without time there would just be eternity.

That's very interesting indeed, but my question is are we sure that there are 11 dimensions?

Locality is the fact that there can be two separate particles across the universe, tied together somehow, and they will always be in the same state (spin). They will change in an instance no matter the distance. That is basically some faster-than-light shit right there and there's just nothing in mathematics that we can find that explain it. Mathematics also show that the only way the anomaly of gravity being weaker, there being less anti-matter than normal matter, and other things there must be 11 dimensions. But yea, that is only what we can show by what we know, not what may be truth. This is starting to make my brain hurt debating about this. It is silly, because we aren't physicists, and those are the people who shoudl be arguing about it haha.

Yea, I think we only know after we die. I've been told by many people though, reality is not that complex. I think the gov'ts funding all this research should make the scientists take a small to moderate dose of LSD to expand their minds and give them better ideas of stuff to test for. It's crazy what it does to math.

I'm sure they're taking a lot of drugs (or experimenting on others). There's no way that we just ended that stuff back in the 70s, no way in hell. I imagine it to be something like the tv show "Fringe" (best show ever btw), just probably not so advanced, but who knows really?

It would be awesome if this all was and AI sim and there was just nothing after death. I really don't like to think about if the soul lives on forever in some form. Screw that, it would be boring.

I was having one of "those" moments a few nights ago, and I came to the conclusion (my own anyway) that life cannot ever end, and it made such perfect sense at the time LOL. Like I said I spend a lot of time and energy thinking about things like this, I guess you could say that I meditate often LOL. I may be right, I may be wrong, but I love questioning "why am I here?" It always leads to more questions, but questions always lead to new answers and exciting ideas.

In all honesty I think people who don't give the mystery of life and self-realization thought, and thought often, aren't very intelligent and follow a monkey-see monkey-do lifestyle. But again, all just my opinions and personal beliefs, take life for what it is.....but what is it?

LOL

It is silly, because we aren't physicists, and those are the people who should be arguing about it haha.

eh, screw them. They try to prove theories, instead of forming truth.

It's like taking a puzzle that's a picture of a cat and trying to make a bird, just aint gonna happen. I say work with what you have, but then again I barely graduated high school. :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back