The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Direct drop in fuel pumps for 1g awd talon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triggerx

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 15, 2009
Gilbert, Arizona
So anyone know what fuel pumps would be direct drop ins for a 90 talon awd?

If you plan on making decent ppower at some point, go with a walbro 255 and an AFPR

Well my goal is somewhere around 350 hp, so I dont really need anything too big.
Ive done some research on the evo pumps as well, but it lead me to the conclusion that the evo 8 pump

-is only a direct fit for the 2gs
-requires a kit or a little form of fabrication
-and doesnt fit as snug as some the other fuel pumps.

Now im thinking about going with the 190, since my plans only include a 16g turbo while only pushing around 20lbs of boost.
And I already have an aftermarket AFPR, however the 255 is quite noisy

A 3000gt vr4 fuel pump might just be what I need?
I thought those were actually 180lph pumps?
Either way it sounds like the way to go.
So thanks a lot.
Ill look up some more info on them

there are many out there. ebay has alot of universal ones. for a cheap price, go with the 3000gt or evo. for aftermarket, go with walbro 190 or 255 depending on your desire h.p. Holley is another good brand for fuel pump.

So Im just gonna revive this old thread.
Basically Im thinking my fuel pump is probably still stock, and could benefit from being replaced. Since Im already running a small 16g and an afpr.
Going with a brand new 3000gt pump, however, I need to know if this is the correct VR4 pump

Denso Fuel Pump by Denso - JCWhitney

SKU #: JCW-1074372
Manufacturer #: 950-0154

Alot of you may say go with a walboro, seems to be a popular choice. However Im looking for something a little more supportive while keeping a stock sound.
figured the old 3000gt upgrade. But using a brand new pump ofcourse.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back