The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

diffrence between EVO and eclipse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

210 dsm

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 6, 2007
san antonio, Texas
my question was what are the differences on the evo's 4G63 and the dsm's 4G63?... i know the bolt-ons are improved( turbo, intercooler, intake mani, injectors, etc...) ,but are the head and block the same design? and the crank? pistons? rods? bore x stroke?.. dose anybody know the answer to these questions

Something like V-tech :p

Funny the 4g63 is almost the same as the older 4g63. There are som difference very little. different head, piston, water ports, here and there. I believe same crankshaft and rods, maybe...... not tooooo sure.

Biggest difference is that it's pointing the opposite direction. making a lot parts not swappable and most of the ones that are swappable require modification.

yeah yeah! i thought i noticed that they were swapped around the other way. what about the block. is it aluminum?

No it is an iron block. What exactly are you looking to do? There are numerous threads on what can and cannot be used on our cars. If you are just curious there's an abundance of information about the evo. Here's a good place to find an overview Wikipedia Lancer Evolution

Huh, the 4g63 has been in a lot of other cars as well not just the Lan-Evo.

oh im not planing on doing anything with an evos engine, i was just curious on how much they have changed over the years. also i know that theres 4g63's in alot of other cars but the reason i asked about the evo is because its the most recent version of the motor. i just wanted to see how they have advanced over the years

Other than the parts on it the absolute biggest difference betweeen the 2 is the ECU that attached to them. The programming in the evo ECU is alot more open(I think thats a good word to describe it) then the eclipse ECU.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back