The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Different fuel system

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well, i've been doing some looking around and I came to this Fuel/Timing Calibrator. Heres the link: http://www.tlsperformance.com/spsefutica01.html This would be cheaper than going with the Portfueler and I would only need to run a 4 injector set-up. What do you guys think about it?

Here's the thing, that's under RX-7 parts. So either it's specifically for an RX-7 (which my guess is it may be considering the use of the rotary engine) or it's something universal that you have to do a shitload of work to get setup properly in your car without any support/knowledge from this community

Either way, if you are looking for something cheaper than the portfueler, but are ok with doing a lot of work, good with electronics, and want to read a LOT, then go with MSnS instead. At least there are many people on this board and 2gnt that are running that with their 420a's. Oh and it's even cheaper than that thing you found

It's suppossed to be universal, but for some reason it comes up under RX-7. I'm going to do more reasreach on this thing and I also know somebody whos experimenting with it as we speak. As of now he is at 5psi of boost and says that he'll try to hit 20psi by next week.

It's suppossed to be universal, but for some reason it comes up under RX-7. I'm going to do more reasreach on this thing and I also know somebody whos experimenting with it as we speak. As of now he is at 5psi of boost and says that he'll try to hit 20psi by next week.

Trust me, if it's universal there is going to be a lot of work installing it with not much support. You would be better off going with MSnS for less money and will have plenty of support here while being able to do everything that can do

Yeah, you're kind of re-inventing the wheel, only your new wheel is lop-sided and it won't roll very well.

Perhaps if you stumbled upon some awesome and powerful management unit that only cost $100.00 fully assembled, with a whole community for support plus several 420A enthusiasts who are already running it; then you would have made an incredible discovery and I'm sure we'd all be indebted to you. Plus you'd have this amazing fuel/spark controller running your car.

But that's not the case and the route you're heading down seems unnecessarily difficult. This control box is more expensive than MSnS-E, there's practically no support for this platform, and you don't know exactly how well it will perform.

If you want something like the Portfueler, but a little cheaper and little more DIY, look into 034 and their EICs.

Like Paul said, you can also look into custom 8 injector setups. There was one selling on 2gnt a few months back for only a few hundred IDK why I didn't pick it up :sosad:

VelocitàPaola;151155244 said:
Yeah, you're kind of re-inventing the wheel, only your new wheel is lop-sided and it won't roll very well.

That's a great analogy I'm gonna have to remember that one ROFL

Hey Mark,

I just built four MSnS-E units so I may be knocking at your door for sage installation advice soon... :thumb:

AEM is coming out with something like MS but I don't think it is as good? Its hard to tell because there is not a whole lot of information released about it. Check out aempower.com and look for the AEM F/IC, then read the forums. Like I said, not much info on it but it looks like a good alternative to SFMU and SAFC.

VelocitàPaola;151156288 said:
Hey Mark,

I just built four MSnS-E units so I may be knocking at your door for sage installation advice soon... :thumb:

Cool! As I told Tom, I'll gladly come up and help if the schedules allows.

Corey, you get her up here and we'll work something out ;)

MB

Corey, you get her up here and we'll work something out ;)

MB

First I'm going to attempt to change my headgasket myself come May/June then I can look into the car's future. I'm still curious as to how the vehicle can even pass inspection with MS running instead of the stock ECU.

BTW don't be surprised if I start asking you some really dumb questions over here or via pm's since I can't really ask them at that other site now that I'm one of the guys that's supposed to know stuff ROFL

BTW don't be surprised if I start asking you some really dumb questions over here or via pm's

You're not alone, brother! I'm sure Paul has dropped his jaw after a few of my PM questions. LOL Seriously, though. I don't know about electronics! That MSnS has too many variables for me..

Can't wait to install!

You're not alone, brother! I'm sure Paul has dropped his jaw after a few of my PM questions. LOL Seriously, though. I don't know about electronics! That MSnS has too many variables for me..

Can't wait to install!

That's why I've always kinda seen myself going the PF route. Seems so much easier to install and play with. But damn is it expensive. Maybe when I'm ready if I settle on PF I can find one for cheap off someone going MS

Well, if it helps, I am going up North to have Paul and Mark help me with the install. Not only that, but there is a local shop up there with a dyno. Matt at Dentsport ( thanks again Mark) has alot of experience with MSnS. You could literally take the one trip up there and not have to worry about it anymore. That's what I plan to do atleast. Install it, have a professional tune it, then leave it... I'd be more then happy to split hotel costs, etc with you if you want to follow me up there.
Personally though, I'd much prefer Paul and Mark helping me with this then anyone else. I'd drive 8 hours for my install to be done right. :thumb:
Remember, once you use PF, you're also going to need the ignition control. Unless of course that is available (and compatible with PF) for an additonal price.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back