The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Different 3 piece spoilers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElectricMike

Probationary Member
Apr 17, 2021
Detroit (Clinton Twp.), Michigan
Is there more than one type of OEM three piece spoiler? Or are they all the same from 95 to 99? Were they available for all 2g model years? What about different hatches? Would the hatch have a hole for the brake light wiring? Did all the 3 piece come with brake lights? And then it looks like the hatch could also be with or without a wiper hole? I've been looking for one to switch my eclipse back from the high rise and utilize the holes in the quarter panels and I'm assuming the hatch will have to be swapped also. In some pictures the 3 piece spoilers look a little different but maybe it's just the angle?

The three-piece spoiler was standard on 2ga models (1995-1996), and remained the standard spoiler on 2gb (1997-1999) non-turbo models.

@IHeartMyHonda is right, the only major difference between any of the 2G three-piece spoilers is that Spyders had a body-colored cover instead of a third brake light. And of course those were installed in a decklid and not a hatch.

As far as hatches go, there were two configurations that used the three-piece spoiler:

The 2GA GS-T, GSX and 2GA and 2GB GS hatch was wired, pierced, and plumbed for a rear wiper assembly.

The 2GA and 2GB RS does not have the rear wiper assembly, nor is it wired or plumbed for one.

Not all RS models had the rear spoiler either. Base models had no spoiler at all. Still, it is really common to see an RS with the three-piece spoiler from the factory.

The three-piece spoiler was standard on 2ga models (1995-1996), and remained the standard spoiler on 2gb (1997-1999) non-turbo models.

@IHeartMyHonda is right, the only major difference between any of the 2G three-piece spoilers is that Spyders had a body-colored cover instead of a third brake light. And of course those were installed in a decklid and not a hatch.

As far as hatches go, there were two configurations that used the three-piece spoiler:

The 2GA GS-T, GSX and 2GA and 2GB GS hatch was wired, pierced, and plumbed for a rear wiper assembly.

The 2GA and 2GB RS does not have the rear wiper assembly, nor is it wired or plumbed for one.

Not all RS models had the rear spoiler either. Base models had no spoiler at all. Still, it is really common to see an RS with the three-piece spoiler from the factory.
Exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks. So I'm looking for an RS hatch with a three piece spoiler since I'd prefer not to have the wiper.

The rs models were the exact reason why mitsubishi had so many financial problems. Base model with crank windows and hub caps? Yep that's an rs. Oh you want a moon roof and power windows, yep you can get that in an rs too.

I mean the rs package was they only trim model you could get plastic one piece door panels, it was also the only trim you could order blue interior in

Anyways to answer your question fully, the spoiler holes on the quarter panel need to be filled, I believe if you search really hard there was an aftermarket 3 piece high rise wing offered by wings west. It looked very similar to the 3000gt hoop spoiler

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back