The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

differences itake pipes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EuroGSTSpyder

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 18, 2002
Stockholm, Europe
I was wondering what the difference is between a 1g to 2g mas intake pipe ( from dejon f.e.) and a regular aftermarket 2G intake pipe?

Why doesnt a intake pipe for the 2G work in a 1G car if its the curved one like injen or similar? Or does it work if you have a 2G mas?

I want a hard pipe and since I switched to a 2G mas (and I am new to 1G cars) I washoping for some help here with what to choose :) Dont need a big one..just something like Injen/Dejon or similar.

Kindly/Rog

no one?
I baiscally just want to know if I can buy a 2g pipe and put it in there?Is there anything but the FMIC pipes that can cause it not to work? Since I am making my own pipes it deosnt really matter I mean -)

It will work just fine if you are going to make your IC piping. It will probably work with the factory stuff as well. Thank you and hope that helps, Keith.

Rog,

Dejon makes a 1G pipe for a 2G MAF. I can't hot link to the page but they're readily available and combine the best of both setups. IKt's listed under the 1G Intake pipe section as the CIP 1gS or CIP 1gR.

Cheers,

Andy

thanx guys!

I went and borrowed a pipe from a friend of mine with a 98 GST, he had a greddy pipe on his car and I will put it in tomorrow and see how it looks. I just wanna make sure I can have enough room left to make the FMIC pipngs there..but I think it will be no problem really.

Be careful when putting a 2g intake pipe in a 1g. I bought one of those ones off of ebay and it fits but. . . It is super tight and i'm using a smaller filter at the end of the 2g mas to make it fit. But i'm sure plenty of other brands will work

ended up with a dejon toll pipe. THe filter I have is a smalelr version of the K&N FIPK, dont know the numbers but its shorter then the one I had on my spyder. Its a genuine K&N no copy ..but I don thave hte number on it. I think it will fit perfectly.
Pics will come as soon as ll is instaleld.

ya the dejon pipe is the way to go man. I need an intake BAD. I lost my rubber one.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back