The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Difference in 2g wheel bearings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob1621

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 4, 2007
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
OK so i have a 1999 GSX and im in need of a wheel bearing. Ive been looking around and some places only sell them from 95-96 or 95-98

My question is, i fi get one for say a 98 will it work?

I remember reading somewhere that the 99's use 3G wheel bearings. My only evidence of this is when installing a TCE brake kit, the centering ring was not even close to going on. I had to enlarge it to get it to work. When I replaced my wheel bearings, I went to Napa, told them I had a 99 and what I got worked.

Cars with build date 9904.1 to 9904.3 use a different wheel bearing than the rest of 2g's.

so can i just order a rear wheel bearing from a 2000 eclipse?

Rear wheel bearings are the same on all 2g awd's. The different one is only for the front bearings. Sorry, I didn't notice before you needed a rear bearing.

Mmmk so, if i order that bearing i had in that link, it will all be all good?

I need rear hubs and wheel bearings for my awd swap. does anyone know where i can get them for a decent price?
I found the part on the site posted above but it says works on all 95-99 eclipse rs,gs,gst,gsx,base modle. I know for sure that the fwd rear hubs and bearings are different? Part Number: W0133-1601579 Here is the part number

Ok so ive asked a similar question befoer but never got a 100% answer.

Now when im talking about a wheel bearing, im talking about the -REAR- wheel bearing.

So i have a 1999 GSX and my rear wheel bearing is bad, i want to get a new one but its $120+ for a new rear one for a 1999. But i see all kinds of rear wheel bearings for 1996-1997-1998 GSX AWD going for $50-$60. Is there a difference in the wheel bearing for the '99 year? Why would they price them differently? Can someone please clear this up for me?!?!?!

Please do not create 2 threads on the same topic. You already have this thread open, so please use it.

And I believe turbosax2 gave you an answer of all rear 2g AWD wheel bearings are the same. A lot of the time people will not like '99 for some reason - I have no idea why. I would call up the place and ask them though. The worst that can happen is that you find out it doesn't work and have to return it.

The last OEM superceded part # for a 99 GSX rear wheel bearing with hub is MR403968 and lists at 192.35 This is the same wheel bearing and hub from a 2003 -2006 EVO awd.

You can also give your local parts store this Mitsu number and they should be able to cross it over to their stocking numbers.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back