The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G difference between front and center LSD?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iwantawd

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 31, 2002
Reading, Pennsylvania
whats the difference? with an awd

"location on the car. I have a front open diff, LSD rear diff, and whatever the transfer case is, I've got one in the center ;-)"

Actually the transfer case has nothing to do with any differential. You have a front differential and a center differential in your tranny and then the differential in your rear-end!

so if i wanted to get a quaife lsd id have to get one in the front and the back?

No, they only make them for the front. Not much sense in getting a quaife for an awd, but a fwd it's a good idea.

You can get a LSD for the front of an AWD car, but that is when you are going for every last bit of traction for your launch.

Originally posted by IPT
You can get a LSD for the front of an AWD car, but that is when you are going for every last bit of traction for your launch.

If you autox, I *highly* recommend a front LSD! I NEED one! :) The inside front tire spins like crazy coming out of hard corners!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back