The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

diecast dsm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ITSME4G63

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 6, 2004
chicago, Illinois
I knwo there was a thread made about this before. I havent found one dsm diecast online and was wondeirng if any of you or most of you would be interested in purchaseing one if one was out and available. I've got a contact here at work that might be able to get diecast cars made, provided specs and pics of said cars. The bad thing is that the diecasts would be manufactureded overseas in taiwan, to keep costs down mostly. I don't like how everything these days is made overseas, but if we wanted a limited edition of diecasts to be made in good ol usa, wed end up paying 10 times or more for the same product that will be produced in taiwan, thats the only reason for submitting it there. In order to do this, we'd need plenty of dsm interoir and exterior pictures with even factory manual drawings that outline the body/frame to make the car look as real as possible, and I would guess people would have to pay for their car and waits months before receivng it due to the time of them actually being made after th efirst sample was approved by the whole bunch of tooners and the shipping time. I think its a great idea if alot of us would get in on this and plan something out to get 1g diecasts and even 2g diecast, but especially the 1g's since they're the last of a dying breed. Id appreciate any response and hope alot of you have something to chime in about this subject. I know they make diecasts of old cars these days, but I doubt that they will make diecasts of dsms in 40 years.

I think that is a really cool idea since the only DSM diecast I've ever saw was the F&F eclipse :barf:

But maybe instead of personalizing the model they could just make a genaric 1g, then a 2g eclipse and 2g talon.

Just an idea to keep the cost lower.

depending on how much its gonna take would be a factor to think about. I work at the Chrysler/Jeep dealership and they have all kinds of just outlines of the outside of the 1ga as well as a lot of the inside parts, so I could easliy pull them off the computers at work and upload them to whoever.

I've seen 2G eclipse diecasts that were for DUB with godawful huge wheels and stuff. My parents own a hobby shop so I will ask my dad to look through his catalogs for me. They live in south Florida though so it may take a while seeing as they are still getting back to normal after all the hurricanes this summer.

There was also a highly limited dealer promo diecast 1G Eclipse GST. You'd get it if you test drove an Eclipse when they first came out. It's already been shown in a few threads on here, do a search for it. I've seen it go on EBay (although rare) for a bit over $100.00.

ootalipseoo said:
depending on how much its gonna take would be a factor to think about. I work at the Chrysler/Jeep dealership and they have all kinds of just outlines of the outside of the 1ga as well as a lot of the inside parts, so I could easliy pull them off the computers at work and upload them to whoever.

yes the outlines would help, Id appreciate any technical drawings like that which would make the making eaiser, and yes I was speaking of a stock dsm, not a fast and furious one, if you have body outlines and whatnot for 1ga and 1gb Id appreciate, 2gs as well, But I will try to get the 1gs quoted first after i get all the info. Please send me any pictures of interior shots or body drawing which u guys thing would be relative to [email protected] , Thank you and keep the ideas coming,

Ohyeah,

I really doubt that it woulld go for over 100$ after produced, im thinking anywhere from 50-80 for a nicely detailed model

Plus, Since the cars would require licencing from the manufacturers most likely, The cars/boxes for the would most likely be labeled "1ga dsm' or "1gb dsm" something along those lines" Or we can just call em eagle talons since eagle is out of business anyways. :sneaky:

ITSME4G63 said:
I knwo there was a thread made about this before but didnt want to revive it due to the nacism rules around here.
Gosh, that kind of attitude isn't good for thread health. Tsk, tsk. :nono:

In follow-up to a private apology, re-opened. Carry on.

Count me in for a 2gb. I've been looking everywhere for one. I even bought the fast and furious one and shaved as much as I could off of the body kit, made a 97-99 turbo spoiler, and sprayed it gunmetal.

I Am in for a 2gb diecast, preferably black with clear corners..muhahah I dont give much about the fmic and exhaust, cuz I like our stock duals...

Count me in for 2 of them if we can get them, let me know if there is anything I can do to help out please

I would definitely be in for a 1g. There are plenty of 2g diecasts, but no 1g's other than that factory promo.

Also, what about one of those plastic model kits that you build yourself? That might be cheaper and I think that would be cool too.

Im talking about diecasts, not piece it together kits, plus that 2g one is a 1:43 scale, which is teensy, Im talking about 1:18 scale.

Wouldn't buy it. I'm fascinated with the real thing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back