The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

diecast dsm (defiant compliant)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITSME4G63

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 6, 2004
chicago, Illinois
Since the other thread got closed due to my nonconformation with the moderators, Ive started it again.

I knwo there was a thread made about this before but didnt want to revive it due to the forum rules. I havent found one dsm diecast online and was wondeirng if any of you or most of you would be interested in purchaseing one if one was out and available. I've got a contact here at work that might be able to get diecast cars made, provided specs and pics of said cars. The bad thing is that the diecasts would be manufactureded overseas in taiwan, to keep costs down mostly. I don't like how everything these days is made overseas, but if we wanted a limited edition of diecasts to be made in good ol usa, wed end up paying 10 times or more for the same product that will be produced in taiwan, thats the only reason for submitting it there. In order to do this, we'd need plenty of dsm interoir and exterior pictures with even factory manual drawings that outline the body/frame to make the car look as real as possible, and I would guess people would have to pay for their car and waits months before receivng it due to the time of them actually being made after th efirst sample was approved by the whole bunch of tooners and the shipping time. I think its a great idea if alot of us would get in on this and plan something out to get 1g diecasts and even 2g diecast, but especially the 1g's since they're the last of a dying breed. Id appreciate any response and hope alot of you have something to chime in about this subject. I know they make diecasts of old cars these days, but I doubt that they will make diecasts of dsms in 40 years.

yes the outlines would help, Id appreciate any technical drawings like that which would make the making eaiser, and yes I was speaking of a stock dsm, not a fast and furious one, if you have body outlines and whatnot for 1ga and 1gb Id appreciate, 2gs as well, But I will try to get the 1gs quoted first after i get all the info. Please send me any pictures of interior shots or body drawing which u guys thing would be relative to [email protected] , Thank you and keep the ideas coming,

Ohyeah,

I really doubt that it woulld go for over 100$ after produced, im thinking anywhere from 50-80 for a nicely detailed model

Plus, Since the cars would require licencing from the manufacturers most likely, The cars/boxes for the would most likely be labeled "1ga dsm' or "1gb dsm" something along those lines" Or we can just call em eagle talons since eagle is out of business anyways.

Im not trying to make a profit off of this if any, I dout there will be. Every other performance car out there has a diecast of it, even the focuses and celicas do, integras etc... But the dsm doesnt. With your guys help hopefully a diecast dsm production may be made, even if its limited.

PS: Defiant, we love you old man :thumb:

Where do the forum rules state not to revive an old thread?

I thought there was a rule if its 2 months or older you cant bump it or something the rather, Ive asked defiant to reopen the first diecast dsm one i made but I guess hes not going to.

L2RTSiAWD said:
Where do the forum rules state not to revive an old thread?
Where do the rules state that complaints against moderator staff should be addressed my a private message to the administrator and not posted publically in the form a wordy bitchfest which goes right back into sales pitch? :notgood:

EDIT:
Defiant is one of the most intelligent and entertaining members of the DSMTuners staff. If you don't get along with Defiant, it's either because you suck or you're a moron. (Hey, what's a little cheap-shot, name calling while we're breaking the rules.) ;)

dr1665 said:
If you don't get along with Defiant, it's either because you suck or you're a moron. ;)

ha, thats funny how you put it. I'm just tryin to keep it forum complaint, stop gettin all over my ass over this,

now, before you post:

"No insults, name calling, smart ass replies, or any other replies that violate our posting policies."

U should be bant :p

ITSME4G63 said:
ha, thats funny how you put it. I'm just tryin to keep it forum complaint, stop gettin all over my ass over this,

now, before you post:

"No insults, name calling, smart ass replies, or any other replies that violate our posting policies."

Report bad posts as necessary. Do NOT get involved. If another member is breaking the rules, report the post and move on. Do not add to a thread that is in need of moderator attention. Do not try and tell other members what they've done wrong. If you have a complaint against one of the Moderators or Wisemen, handle it offline with the Site Administrator. Do not post your complaint publicly in the forums. Report posts which have broken the rules, posts which have gone off topic from the original subject, posts that contain misinformation, posts that contain spam or self promotion by a person or vendor, and threads that contain duplicate or similar subject matter to a past discussion.

wow we could on for days about this :p

back on topic though, i think a diecast would be awesome

yes we could go on for days, but most of you must have read the title wrong, its defiant compliant, not complaint, compliant as in agreeing.

If your a mod reading this please get rid of the "dsm compiant" part of the thread label so I dont have the whole dsmtuners harassing me about complaint.

This thread is pissing me off.

1. Thread recreated after the same thing was locked.
2. "U" is not "you".
3. I can't even read the first jumble-fock post.
D. Where are my meds?

LandoAWD said:
This thread is pissing me off.

1. Thread recreated after the same thing was locked.
2. "U" is not "you".
3. I can't even read the first jumble-fock post.
D. Where are my meds?

I love this guy.

I think the thread was locked because of his comment about "nazi-ism of the admins" even though he spelled it wrong. hence the Defiant Compliant reference (funny play on words i must say) Otherwise i agree with the other 2.5 points.

By meds you mean the stuff you brought back from jamaica, right? ROFL

and this thread has official gone off the topic:rolleyes: Best bet for you is to look on ebay, although I found one at walmart yesterday :shhh: I ended up buying a R/C Eclipse instead :thumb:

Well if none of you are interested in this and wanna make sarcastic jokes that fine, Ill end up researchin this anyways.

Damn. I got hella borked-off in this one.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must excuse me. I seem to have misplaced my intelligence and reading comprehension skills this afternoon. (Amazing what meeting the right woman will do to a man's head. Wow.)

In any case, I still like to see Defiant in action. It's always amusing.

ITSME4G63 said:

now, before you post:

What in the Hell is 'bant'?

Great. Now THIS one's gonna be pinned on me.

:sneaky:

ITSME4G63 said:
Since the other thread got closed due to my nonconformation with the moderators, Ive started it again.
It was closed for blatant disrespect of the Moderators. Do you have any clue at all of just how goddamned hard we work on this site? Hold out your hand. See what's in it? That's what we get for soaking up all this flak.
I knwo there was a thread made about this before but didnt want to revive it due to the forum rules.
There's no rule against reviving threads. However, many revived threads are closed because they're topics otherwise answered, better-presented, or just too redundant.
I havent found one dsm diecast online and was wondeirng if any of you or most of you would be interested in purchaseing one if one was out and available.
You've not looked very well. ERTL, Modifiers, Johnny Lightning, and Hot Wheels are a few of those who've made diecast DSMs. However, finding a stock one is next to impossible- they're all goofed-up with wings. flaps, wheels, vents and decals.
PS: Defiant, we love you old man :thumb:
You don't know what love is. :mad:

ITSME4G63 said:
Ive asked defiant to reopen the first diecast dsm one i made but I guess hes not going to.
You asked at 10 AM. I started work today at 11AM, and did twelve hours of wrangling morons. If you'll look -harder than you looked at the site rules- you'll see I'm seldom on here before midnight, and often go all the way to 7AM. Unlike some of the members here, I don't have a useable net connection at work, and even if I did, I'd not be able to get much done in the usual 30-seconds between answering 911 calls.

Your original thread has been re-opened, because I did get your private request and its apology.

Watch your damned step. There's live mines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back