The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

die grinder?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFatch1890

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 31, 2008
Stratford, New_Jersey
I read a few threads but not the answers i need. Its pretty simple.My compressor doesn't push 90 pounds content witch most air die grinders call for.Should i be safe and just spend the extra money for an electric and who has used both and can let me know what they preferred.

Thanks

The electric grinders also get very hot when you are doing a lot of heavy porting on cast iron. I prefer to use an air grinder because they are less cumbersome, and you just have better control all around including speed.

Air all the way. If you got 80 psi. you got enough. Although if your tank is small your compressor might be running alot cause they use alot of air.

It's the CFM, besides the pressure. A nice Harbor Freight grinder is a lot less than twenty bucks. Take the bet. It'll probably work fine, and especially for a home shop where you aren't grinding heads for a living.

Yeah my compressor may push 70 to 80 constant.Even so i run tons of tools off of it with no problems other then being a little slower id just thought id get opinions.I'm just going to pick up a cheap one cause I'm only porting like 4 things then its probably going to sit on a shelf and maybe be used once ever 4 months to a year.But thanks for the input everyone.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back