The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

did you miss me?

twin turbo 327 sbc, or 4g63t rwd setup

• 327tt

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 4g63t

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeelesKustome

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 29, 2007
Waverly, Tennessee
it's been 5 years since I've been on the site, I am bored out of my mind today on xmas!
I've had the luxury of fully building a 09 buick enclaves engine from the bottom up on my wifes $70,000 suv.
check it out here I have a ton of videos on it and still not done, check it out
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Also update on the 4g63t possible bui;d in my 68 impala, here is my youtube first of like 9 or 10 videos.

I need ideas if I go that route, what lightweight rear end should I use, ? what lightweight A/T with what gearing.
because if if I use the 4g63t setup, it will only make since to do so as a lightweight setup correct? if I were to use the 4cyl, the cars actually weigh the same as as a gsx, I've done all the research on it, trust me., I'm torn because I have a 327 fully built lower block setup that was built to handle 1000 + hp and tq from a boosted setup. The block alone has $,4,000 invested in it and its still fresh from the machine shop., right now I could drop a cheap set of heads on this, and put 2 ebay cheapo turbos at 7 psi and I feel like it would blow the doors off the 4g63t setup and I could build it for half the cost and everything would bolt right up..... I don't know, I need opinions. watch the videos.

eBay turbo's ya blow somthing haha. Why spend all that $$ then kill it with eBay crap turbos. Might as well leave the spark plugs in the carbs like reaper haha. For your hub bearing ? Do the rotors already have races in it? If so then you don't need the ones that came with the bearings. If it doesn't than ya you need them. As for the engines both when built right will make some serious boost and power.

Last edited:
eBay turbo's ya blow somthing haha. Why spend all that $$ then kill it with eBay crap turbos. Might as well leave the spark plugs in the carbs like reaper haha. For your hub bearing ? Do the rotors already have races in it? If so the you don't need the ones that came with the bearings. If it doesn't than ya you need them. As for the engines both when built right will make some serious boost and power.
if you watch the next 10 videos, you'd probably understand a whole lot better. that video I was on a heavy dose of oxycodone and lyrica, making me not know left from down. haha

I also like to take sound advice from people who have less posts than me when they have been a member a much shorter amount of time, no offense but some people who post less seem to have more knowledge, maybe they read more? LOL

Ya ok dude good luck with all that. Been building cars muscle and dsm's (had my gst for 17 years now) for almost 20 years. Worked at a high end muscle car shop and now own my own shop but hey what do I know LOL. What exactly do post counts have to do with anything? im very helpful on this forum which is why I have so many post. I also know these cars and engines just like the rest of the og members. Of course there's plenty that know more and have gone faster. But I've also been down for 5-6 years due to both my hands and back being jacked. Just got surgery on both my hands in January and now waiting to do my back. About to have the only awd dyno on Kauai to tune cars and also setup autox and rally cars. But whatever's dude your the one wanting to put crap turbos from eBay on your supposed 4K block LOL. But it's me that has no knowledge LOL right. I personally don't wanna see your next 10 videos after the first one LOL. You asked a ? About the hubs and I answered with sound advice. If they are new rotors and have the races pressed in already. And you got the bearings that go with them. Then you do not need the races that came with the bearings. They are the same or go for it press the other out and ones with the bearings in. The bearings came with races so if your using old rotors you can have matching new races to go with the new bearings. Duh LOL

Last edited:
I vote tt 327. You can make crazy power on a 327 with twin gt35r's on low boost.
I can't disagree with this. I'm sure I could find a couple of used ones on this site. The torque from this would be ridiculously fun, even in a automatic. Right now I have a 2 spd powerlglide, but I don't think I want that. ,dude up top was ranting about something LOL,

How much power can a dsm rear end handle? I'm still kicking around the idea of putting a independent rear suspension in that is half the weight of the current setup.

Sure a tt327 could be fun, but its been done, and im sure in a 68 impala before. I'm a fan of the oddity swaps and taking the road-less-traveled, so when a strange swap or idea comes along, I support the oddball one.

I guess my question is what are you going to do with the car?

Lastly, Dsmkauai is a great contributor, and gave a good opinion. basing who or what you listen to off post counts isnt the best idea. You may want to take your own advice and read/research, maybe catch a few of his and other members posts before casting his advice aside.

GL with it, I vote 4gXX motor, 67-70mm t4 setup, turbo 350 and for 8.8 or gm 12 bolt.

I'll say this, if you go 4G63 in a heavy car like that Impala, go for an automatic trans. The thought here being a stall setup right for launching and fast shifts reducing lag, keeping you in the boost & power would help.

Turbo 327, go for a manual 6 speed, cause torque and likely lag wont be a problem.

Last edited:
I'll say this, if you go 4G63 in a heavy car like that Impala, go for an automatic trans. The thought here being a stall setup right for launching and fast shifts reducing lag, keeping you in the boost & power would help.

Turbo 327, go for a manual 6 speed, cause torque and likely lag wont be a problem.
if you read my other thread, I had started research and without the v8 and instead the 4gXX , the impala and the gsx are the same weight, heck most cars today weigh a lot more than all the old cars. People say they are sled wagons but research their specs and you'll find they aren't at all..
Basically weight isn't an issue and if I were to go with a s2000 rear end the weight would be even lighter, etc, and so on.
The car is going to be a daily driver, I plan on taking my wife and kids on the route 66 when completed, so it has to be fast fun and reliable.

Sure a tt327 could be fun, but its been done, and im sure in a 68 impala before. I'm a fan of the oddity swaps and taking the road-less-traveled, so when a strange swap or idea comes along, I support the oddball one.

I guess my question is what are you going to do with the car?

Lastly, Dsmkauai is a great contributor, and gave a good opinion. basing who or what you listen to off post counts isnt the best idea. You may want to take your own advice and read/research, maybe catch a few of his and other members posts before casting his advice aside.

GL with it, I vote 4gXX motor, 67-70mm t4 setup, turbo 350 and for 8.8 or gm 12 bolt.
I do apologize for being so quick to dismiss.
I do not take lightly when someone starts off insulting me and my intelligence.
Obviously I know the ebay turbos will fail. But money wise it would be the best way to get things setup and when they do fail hopefully at that point I could afford the real deal, and it would be a quick bolt on solution.

I'm not an idiot, nor am I a liar, about this 327 block. It's built to handle what I plan to push at it. If any of you are interested in it, I'd trade it for a 4g64, I know id be loosing money, but at least id have the engine to start mocking things up

Sure a tt327 could be fun, but its been done, and im sure in a 68 impala before. I'm a fan of the oddity swaps and taking the road-less-traveled, so when a strange swap or idea comes along, I support the oddball one..

So you'd preffer me do a Honda H22 bored to a H24 supercharger setup?

So you'd preffer me do a Honda H22 bored to a H24 supercharger setup?

Now, im no honda-head, but if this were a Honda forum and we were comparing the 327 to a motor such as you described, sure I'd say for it. Im more impressed and intrigued by a small displacement motor making awesome power in an interesting chassis.

However, as stated I'm not a Honda person, and this is a mitsubishi forum. Im more familiar with a 4g motor and a sbc almost as much, and id prefer to see a cool 4g setup in a big body chevy. Hell, do a twincharged 4g64 if you want, I still am curious what your goal with the car is?

i hope im misreading the tone, but so far you've come off a bit condescending and insulting. The main reason dmskauai warned you away from ebay turbos is the history they have as garbage, and sending bearing material, contaminated oil etc through your $4k sbc sounds like a pretty dim idea. Considering you could get a couple hx35's or wh1c's for the same price as ebay garbage, and have super reliable turbos, i dont see why you'd compromise or question good advice.

Anyway, like I said, gl with it and post results.

Last edited:
I say 327... only question is EFI or blown through carb?

Yeah it's been done before and the 4g64 would earn major style points. But at the end of the day displacement plus boost is always a winning combination.

Now, im no honda-head, but if this were a Honda forum and we were comparing the 327 to a motor such as you described, sure I'd say for it. Im more impressed and intrigued by a small displacement motor making awesome power in an interesting chassis.

However, as stated I'm not a Honda person, and this is a mitsubishi forum. Im more familiar with a 4g motor and a sbc almost as much, and id prefer to see a cool 4g setup in a big body chevy. Hell, do a twincharged 4g64 if you want, I still am curious what your goal with the car is?

i hope im misreading the tone, but so far you've come off a bit condescending and insulting. The main reason dmskauai warned you away from ebay turbos is the history they have as garbage, and sending bearing material, contaminated oil etc through your $4k sbc sounds like a pretty dim idea. Considering you could get a couple hx35's or wh1c's for the same price as ebay garbage, and have super reliable turbos, i dont see why you'd compromise or question good advice.

Anyway, like I said, gl with it and post results.
Let me apologize, I in no way meant to come off as a ricer kid. I'm 32 and have a strong passion for cars. Each have. Better and worse attributes. I'm not biased by any brand by no means. I daily drive a 73 f100 and I'm building this 68 Chevy impala. I sold my 66 ford galaxie custom 500, my fully built 99 Dsm awd. Also sold my fully built high compression H22 swapped accord. Also my dd 2009 Buick Enclave that I just built from the ground up and painted it with a unique pearl. I have most all these on my YouTube channel.
Currently I'm considering a 4g63ct compound turbo setup.
I'm unsure in the 5 years I've been gone if anyone else has done the compound turbo setup like the one guy I remember. It would be a torque monster with a goal of 700 hp and possibly a max torque with a awesome curve of 800.
This will be my dd car I hand down to my kids when i am no more.
Watch my videos and you'll see I'm not being negative or trying to make myself seem cocky , my goal is to get help from you my Dsm family.
With that being said, what rear end should I research for durability and lightness ?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back