The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Did I get the right pistons/rings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeNoZZo

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 6, 2008
Waterloo, Iowa
I ordered NPR .020 oversized pistons/rings. Just wanted to verify that I got the correct ones. I always thought stock bore was 85mm. And I noticed on the ring box it said 4g63 sohc???
Pistons
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Rings
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Ok, that makes sense. What about the part where it says 4g63 SOHC though?

Those may be the wrong pistons if they are for the SOHC. There was a N/T SOHC 4g63 available. I'm not exactly sure what vehicles ran them but some engine parts catalogues list the engines. I would send them back and get them to send you the right pistons.

Those may be the wrong pistons if they are for the SOHC. There was a N/T SOHC 4g63 available. I'm not exactly sure what vehicles ran them but some engine parts catalogues list the engines. I would send them back and get them to send you the right pistons.

The pistons have the T on them so I'm pretty sure they are turbo pistons. But the box for the rings says 4g63 SOHC, thats what worries me.

The pistons have the T on them so I'm pretty sure they are turbo pistons. But the box for the rings says 4g63 SOHC, thats what worries me.

I have the same pistons, but standard bore. I think they have SOHC on the box also, but forgot to check. They haven't been installed either, so either they're the right ones or we both got the wrong ones.

update: just checked and the piston rings said SOHC on the box also.

Last edited:
Bringing this back from the dead but I am doing 2g pistons on 1g rods and I am experiencing the same issue as you guys were. I have gotten 3 sets of rings sent to me from cns autosports for free now since they refunded me my money because every set I got said 4g63 sohc and now the ones that i ordered from Strictly import motorsports says the same exact thing I am worried about this. Does anyone know if these are indeed actually dohc rings just mislabeled I figured that over 4 years later they would of had this fixed by now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back