The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Did fuel pump rewire and car won't start??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95talontsi

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 29, 2002
Princeton, NJ_Montgomery
OKay I did the fuel pump rewire as per the vfaq on the 2g fwd spider because there was no 2g awd. the fuel pump connector was different, it had about 5 wires, 2 black 1 black/blue and I think 2 or three yellow.
The vfaq said blue was power, so I assumed that blue/black was power and then I used the black one that was next to it and assumed that was ground. I turned on the car into the second click, for fuel pump on and it just clicked and turned off everything is dead I can't even get anything working, I can't find a blown fuse what is the matter.

xxB
xxB

Used these two connectors (B's) from the view of the wires going into the white connectors.
remember I have a 2g awd.
Please can anyone help l2r I know you can.

When I did mine I hooked the ground to one of the screws near by the fuel pump, and mine wouldn't start either. Turns out the screws go into a plastic "nut" so it wasn't grounded. Moved the wire and It started right up.

Gounding is most likely your problem... with all the wires at the plug however... you might have gotten the wrong wire!

Hmm... let me try to remember the wiring... it's one of the black wires...

Black with grey stripe is the power wire.. and the BIGGER black wire is the ground. I originally tapped the blue wire as in the vfaq.. and that has to do with the return info to the gauge.. ie my fuel gauge was dead.. LOL!

Hopefully that helps a bunch.. grounding is a big issue.. I scraped at the metal, it didn't work.. on last ditch effort, I actually hooked the wire to a real ground wire.. and it was working. My weird car...

BTW: 95 AWD, so it should be the same wiring.

You may also want to test the relay because the first relay I bought was bad. The same thing happened to a friend.

If the relay is indeed clicking then it sounds like you have that part of it correct. Now just make sure the connection from the battery (10 ga.) wire supplies voltage across the relay to the pin which connects to the pump.

Bill
'95 TSi AWD

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back