The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Diamond Star Motors

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99sebring

Probationary Member
Jun 6, 2012
San Diego, California
Made the Sebring and the Avenger right? So therefore a Sebring is a DSM right? It might not be a 3000 or a Eclipse but it's still DSM right?

Thank you I was told by a member on here that if I asked that I would get shot LOL

My Sebring actually has a door off of an Eclipse all I had to do was swap the windows.

don't bring up avenger/sebring as DSM on this site =O
you're likely to get lynched and hung out to dry!
seriously i brought this up like 2 years ago, and despite solid proof that avengers/sebrings where DSM's (built in the same plant, by the same people, designed at the same time by the same people, the firewall stickers in early 95 say "manufactured by diamond star motors") all i got was hate hate hate and 2-3 people that agreed with me.

People on this website seem to think "if it's not 4g63, it's not DSM"
well those people are stupid, and more importantly WRONG.

Avenger/Sebrings ARE DSM's and if anyone tells you otherwise, just punch them in the mouth and tell them to stfu.
unless you think they can beat you up, in which case, just nod your head and drive away =D

btw join the avenger/sebring forum:
www.aseclub.net

Necrotopsy, you live not far from where I grew up I'm kinda missing Michigan. I grew up in Marcellus and went to college at SMC. Yeah I got into an argument with this guy who is a member on here and he said my car has a Neon chassis and not anything like an Eclipse. Then he said the 6G73 isn't a Mitsubishi engine and that only the 6G72 is LOL. Also said that the 420A has a Mitsubishi head on a Chrysler block. Also technically none of the 96 and up cars are DSM seeing as DSM ended in 95 and Mitsubishi Motors of America was formed. I'm actually wanting to swap the Eclipse front end onto my car. I love Eclipses, but I have a Sebring so it will work out. I do have an ASEclub account. I love my Sebring even though it's way under powered. I'm used to more powerful cars.

i went to SMC also.
you can swap the front ends if you have the hood, headlights, fenders, bumper, and core suport. but it will look odd on a sebring i think.

and the 420a is a Lotus head on a Chrysler block with Mitsubishi assessories (like the alt.)

there are some seriously delusional people on here, and really, #### them. doesn't matter what they think.

you miss michigan? i hate it here. can't wait to leave it LOL

Well officially "DSM" was over in 93. So basically only 1g eclipse and talons are the only true dsm. Everything after is a "MMMA".

seriously i brought this up like 2 years ago, and despite solid proof that avengers/sebrings where DSM's (built in the same plant, by the same people, designed at the same time by the same people, the firewall stickers in early 95 say "manufactured by diamond star motors") all i got was hate hate hate and 2-3 people that agreed with me.

Avenger/Sebrings ARE DSM's and if anyone tells you otherwise, just punch them in the mouth and tell them to stfu.

Why? because it has the plate under the hood? Lol. Avenger/sebrings are bastard neons more then a dsm.

Diamond-Star Motors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Enjoy

Last edited:
From the home page of this site: :beatentodeath:

Welcome to DSMtuners.com - for the serious Talon, Laser, and Eclipse performance & racing enthusiast!

Avenger/sebrings are bastard neons more then a dsm.

yeah, go ahead and explain then how nothing is interchangeable between an A/S and a neon, yet 85% of parts are interchangeable between A/S and E/T?

you're a moron, and your head is so far up your ass the smell of your shit is causing you to be delusional due to oxygen displacement.

have a nice day.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, go ahead and explain then how nothing is interchangeable between an A/S and a neon, yet 85% of parts are interchangeable between A/S and E/T?

you're a moron, and your head is so far up your ass the smell of your shit is causing you to be delusional due to oxygen displacement.

have a nice day.

"Chrysler sold its equity stake to Mitsubishi in 1993, and Diamond-Star Motors was renamed to Mitsubishi Motors Manufacturing America (MMMA) on July 1, 1995.[3] Despite the departure, the two companies have maintained various co-operative manufacturing agreements since."

:hmm:

Dsm died in 93' so... 2g's are not even dsm's. But they share the same name, have similar drive train, and close in year so they're generally excepted to be a dsm.

But to say a purely chrysler car is a dsm is crazy. So what that chrysler used doors that they owned from the mmma project on another platform. Doesnt make it a dsm. Yes some cloud cars might have a mitsu designed engine, but guess what, chrysler owned a majority of mitsu. So big deal. Like a GM car using an Isuzu trans. Doesnt make it a dmax or whatever they called their project.

Cloud cars werent made untill after the dsm project was over. They werent even built in the same plant as dsm's.

You have a chrysler built car with a chrysler built motor, you sir do not have a dsm, you have a chrysler.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Chrysler sold its equity stake to Mitsubishi in 1993, and Diamond-Star Motors was renamed to Mitsubishi Motors Manufacturing America (MMMA) on July 1, 1995.[3] Despite the departure, the two companies have maintained various co-operative manufacturing agreements since."

:hmm:

Dsm died in 93' so... 2g's are not even dsm's. But they share the same name, have similar drive train, and close in year so they're generally excepted to be a dsm.

But to say a purely chrysler car is a dsm is crazy. So what that chrysler used doors that they owned from the mmma project on another platform. Doesnt make it a dsm. Yes some cloud cars might have a mitsu designed engine, but guess what, chrysler owned a majority of mitsu. So big deal. Like a GM car using an Isuzu trans. Doesnt make it a dmax or whatever they called their project.

Cloud cars werent made untill after the dsm project was over. They werent even built in the same plant as dsm's.

You have a chrysler built car with a chrysler built motor, you sir do not have a dsm, you have a chrysler.

Incorrect sir,

WIKIPEDIA.ORG said:
" Initially, three models were produced at this facility. The Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser and Eagle Talon were smaller 2+2 sports cars on a new co-designed platform. Models subsequently produced during the next decade included the Mitsubishi Mirage/Eagle Summit sedans, the Mitsubishi Galant, the Dodge Avenger Coupe/Chrysler Sebring Coupe, and the Dodge

Stratus Coupe. [8]"

Incorrect sir,

Reading comprehension fail.

"Initially, three models were produced at this facility. The Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser and Eagle Talon were smaller 2+2 sports cars on a new co-designed platform.

Models subsequently produced during the next decade included the Mitsubishi Mirage/Eagle Summit sedans, the Mitsubishi Galant, the Dodge Avenger Coupe/Chrysler Sebring Coupe, and the Dodge

Stratus Coupe. [8]"

Explain how the rear subframe for an AWD Eclipse will bolt into a A/S with no modifications. The Eclipses use all the same ball joints as the A/S because they had to be included into the recall. Chrysler sold their share. That means they were a shareholder in the company, as in owned stock in the company. They still had a contract to produce Mitsubishi made Chrysler cars. The 6G73 is a Mitsubishi engine not Chrysler. I'm not trying to claim my car is an Eclipse just that it shares a lot of the same components.

Also the Avenger and Sebring coupe were not cloud cars. They have nothing in common with the cloud cars other than engine and transmission. Neons are nothing like A/S.

Technically, 95-99 Eclipse, Talon, Sebring and Avengers were not DSM's 9though many carried the DSM sticker). But, they were manufactured at the same plant, and have been happily been accepted into the DSM fold. IF we get technical, then we need to exclude most of GM and Chrysler from being called American made and/or domestic makes, as they are mostly manufactured outside the lower 48.

90-99, accepted as a DSM (excluding the Galant), 2000+, not accepted. Simple and avoids arguments.

Well officially "DSM" was over in 93. So basically only 1g eclipse and talons are the only true dsm. Everything after is a "MMMA".

Why? because it has the plate under the hood? Lol. Avenger/sebrings are bastard neons more then a dsm.

Diamond-Star Motors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Enjoy

Did you just use Wikipedia as a source to support your argument?:confused:

If you can call a 2g a dsm you can call an A/S a dsm. They are to similar. However, I don't think the sebring gas much of a performance community :p

You will have a very difficult time beating it into the head of a 1g Turbo Owner that he has to share his "DSM" badge with a car that although built on the same assembley line, has a same powertrain as a dodge neon.

Same People built this cars, same people designed the cars, only thing that changed was the name on thier paychecks. If thats enough to entitle only the 1g cars to the "DSM" claim, then fine let them have it. Doesn't make me envy them for being narrow minded.

I am a 1ga owner, and though I recognise the fact that only the 1g were built under the DSM nameplate, I have no problem accepting the 2g eclipse/talon, the Avenger/Sebring, GVR-4, and even the Stealth/3KGT VR-4, as being DSM's. I'm sure I'll be ridiculed for accepting the 3KGT as a DSM, but the way I see it, they are the eclipse/talon's bigger brother.

This argument seems trivial. I own a 1g b and have owned a 2 g a and accept the 2g and its cousin as DSM. The argument reminds me of the Porsche owners that don't accept the Boxers as real Porsche's.

This argument seems trivial. I own a 1g b and have owned a 2 g a and accept the 2g and its cousin as DSM. The argument reminds me of the Porsche owners that don't accept the Boxers as real Porsche's.

Trivial to say the least, in my eyes if it was made in Normal Illinois in the '90s then it fits the DSM Catagory, so many parts are interchangeable between them and they all ran down the same assembley line.

Of course in conversation if someone says "DSM" I immediately think TEL, which of course is what this website was intended for. If you want to have a trivia contest about it, then by all means obsess over the details, but its not worth an argument.

We all agree that the only "true" dsm's are 1g's right? I mean they were made before the partnership ended so there is no arguing that. Now if you want to classify a car as a Dsm based on interchangeable parts the we need to consider a "true" Dsm as the standard. Let's see a 2g GSX, GST, Tsi and galant VR4 all share interchange parts (engine, transmission, ecu, fuel system, ect.) with the "true" Dsm. Therefore they can be included in the Dsm namesake. How many parts does a 420a 2g, seibring or avanger have that are interchangeable with a "true" Dsm? Brake calipers and rotors? I hardly think that qualifies those cars as having interchangeable parts with a Dsm.

In conclusion that makes the 2g GSX, GST, Tsi and vr4 a welcome and close cousin that is deserving of the Dsm namesake. The avenger, seibring and 420a 2g's are like the 2nd cousins twice removed that no one likes or wants around and that should NEVER be considered a Dsm.

We all agree that the only "true" dsm's are 1g's right? I mean they were made before the partnership ended so there is no arguing that. Now if you want to classify a car as a Dsm based on interchangeable parts the we need to consider a "true" Dsm as the standard. Let's see a 2g GSX, GST, Tsi and galant VR4 all share interchange parts (engine, transmission, ecu, fuel system, ect.) with the "true" Dsm. Therefore they can be included in the Dsm namesake. How many parts does a 420a 2g, seibring or avanger have that are interchangeable with a "true" Dsm? Brake calipers and rotors? I hardly think that qualifies those cars as having interchangeable parts with a Dsm.

In conclusion that makes the 2g GSX, GST, Tsi and vr4 a welcome and close cousin that is deserving of the Dsm namesake. The avenger, seibring and 420a 2g's are like the 2nd cousins twice removed that no one likes or wants around and that should NEVER be considered a Dsm.

So does that mean a 90 and 91 are the only true dsm because a 93 and 94 engine wont fall right in? This argument makes no sense. I have a plaque on my 2ga that says dsm put there by its creators. Therefore, its dsm.

unless you think they can beat you up, in which case, just nod your head and drive away =D

btw join the avenger/sebring forum:
www.aseclub.net

Yes you are right. The purists don't want their pride to be hurt or be considered any less of an elite line of car but they are dsm. Its like saying a Lincoln isn't ford because you wanna feel like you own something better. It IS a ford and you have better features but the same car.

If you are trying to say I don't want to be lumped in with a group of cars that can be beat by a stock neon then yes your are correct.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back