The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Diagnostic trouble codes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evers310

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 11, 2004
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm getting a few trouble codes and was wondering if anyone's had these before and knows what the cause of them is.

I'm assuming the first one means one of my O2 sensors are bad, I think the second might be the cause of me running rich and having a choppy idle.

Code:
Powertrain	P0141	O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
Powertrain	P1390	Octane Adjust Pin Out Of Self Test Range
Powertrain	P1494	SPCUT Solenoid Circuit Malfunction

Anyone at least have a link to a site that describes what the cause of each diagnostic trouble code is? :confused:

evers310 said:
Anyone at least have a link to a site that describes what the cause of each diagnostic trouble code is? :confused:
Yes. It's called 2gnt.com. You're welcome. :shhh:

Well only one error that I have is even listed there, and it's very vague as to what to check.

PO141 Downstream HO2S heater failure (M/T) Harness and connector / Downstream HO2S

evers310 said:
Well only one error that I have is even listed there, and it's very vague as to what to check.

PO141 Downstream HO2S heater failure (M/T) Harness and connector / Downstream HO2S
fuel map when it can't read the O2 sensor. Runs excessively rich to prevent detonation. Soot on the bumper and rough idle.

When in doubt, go after the simplest problem first.

dr1665 said:
fuel map when it can't read the O2 sensor. Runs excessively rich to prevent detonation. Soot on the bumper and rough idle.

yup, that's exactly what's been happening. Thanks. Are the other two errors related to this? Also, which O2 sensor is this, the upper or the lower one? Thanks again.

evers310 said:
yup, that's exactly what's been happening. Thanks. Are the other two errors related to this? Also, which O2 sensor is this, the upper or the lower one? Thanks again.
I don't recognize the other two. :shrug I have a 97 and do the keydance to get all my codes. Right now I get 31 (EVAP), 32 (EGR) and 43 (misfire). If that doesn't help, I borrow a PocketLogger and pull the codes that way.

It's going to be the front O2. The one in the down pipe by the PS/AC. The second one only tells the ECU if the cat works. All yor fuel trim is figured using the front O2 (along with other sensors, mind you).

Have fun.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back