The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

DG Koni coilovers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just wanted to add my 2 cents on the coilover bags. Most of the stage rally guys swear by them. Sure you're not racing at 100 mph down gravel roads shooting rocks into everything. But what they do besides protect from gravel is important too: they keep extra dirt, rain, water, snow, etc off of the coilover. They can cover just the spring or all the way down to the knuckle to protect future threads that may be needed during a ride height change.
These bags if made properly tighten at the top and bottom so minimal elements are allowed inside. Yes they do breathe, so they will let moisture in but with no bags that moisture is going to be there anyways. They do not trap the moisture in as they do breathe anyways. Some of them have a scotch-guard coating which helps repel excess moisture too.
You can also make these for much cheaper than buying if you can sew. A sewing machine helps but is by no means necessary.
Most of the stage rally guys get their coilovers serviced every few events. Some teams that's once a year, another team might be 2 or 3 times a year. After doing mine after 4 rallycross events without bag and now getting ready to after 7 more, I can definitely say they are much cleaner and will be much easier to do

I doubt these help the rusting bearing situation, but may slow it. They would probably help more with the threads and set screws from freezing/rusting and make ride height adjustments easier.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back