1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

devilsown pump runs with car off

Posted by kams1gsx, Jul 1, 2012

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. kams1gsx

kams1gsx Proven Member

Joined Feb 19, 2005
    lower lake, California
    Ive been fighting this problem for a while now. No mater what i do, i turn the key on the red light flashes and two seconds later the pump comes on.ive triple checked all conections,and ground. Ive also went on the devilsown fourm and read up. Install instructions were followed. Any help would be great!

231  0

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 1G DSM
  2. 3kgt2nv

3kgt2nv Proven Member

Joined Jan 7, 2011
    poughkeepsie, New York
    Did you try contacting the company and talking to one of their techs. It could be a faulty connection inside the unit.

3. kams1gsx

kams1gsx Proven Member

Joined Feb 19, 2005
    lower lake, California
    Its a brand new controler. Ill try to call them again tomorrow

231  0

manual · 1G DSM
  4. kams1gsx

kams1gsx Proven Member

Joined Feb 19, 2005
    lower lake, California
    Still havent heard back from them:confused:

231  0

manual · 1G DSM
  5. Devilsown

Devilsown Proven Member

Joined Apr 4, 2006
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    If you ever call or email and don't get a responce after a day its best to try again. You would be shocked how many people call and leave messages with no phone numbers or can't make out a number for some other reason.

Its been so long i hope we already got you fixed up if not let me know. by calling in. 405-470-4356

6. TSITurbo95

TSITurbo95 Proven Member

Joined Oct 26, 2009
    Ohio, Ohio
    How long does it run for? Mine does the same thing with my AEM, but it shut's off like 8-10 secs later.

7. Devilsown

Devilsown Proven Member

Joined Apr 4, 2006
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    I don't know anything about aem controller i would have to point you to them.

8. TSITurbo95

TSITurbo95 Proven Member

Joined Oct 26, 2009
    Ohio, Ohio
    Oh I don't find it an issue, just simply stating that mine does run after the car is off. IDK if it's like a self test or something, but it does shut off after like 8-10 secs.

9. Ninharu

Ninharu Proven Member

Joined Jun 9, 2004
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    I had a similar problem. It was only during a cold start in the winter. Once I turned the ignition on the pump light would flicker and would continue to flicker during the start. It was bad enough to the point that the car would not start because it would flood my motor with meth and water.

After an exhaustive search I ended up replacing the map sensor and it seemed to alleviate my problem. The one temporary solution I found worked was to turn the start point dial up to something ridiculous like 28 psi and the max to 30.

543  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM