The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Depinning connector

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaiser101

Probationary Member
Sep 5, 2023
Pilot Butte, SK_Canada
I can’t get any pins out of this connector I don’t know if I’m missing a lockout tab that I can’t see or it’s just a skill issue 😂 some more info about how to remove them would be appreciated I just tried to pry on the little tabs inside
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You need a quality small screwdriver or depinning tool to pry the small tab inside away from the pin. It helps to put the connector body in a vice to free up a hand. Finally you will have to jiggle the wire free from the back end. Don’t just pull straight, try pulling from different angles as they seem to get caught sometimes.

I can’t find the tool I bought 20 years ago, but it’s a bit like this.

As you can see those locks fall into holes on the pin so you have to lift them up out of the hole before you can slide the pin back. Sometimes it helps to push the pin/wire into the connector before you try lifting the lock.

You need a quality small screwdriver or depinning tool to pry the small tab inside away from the pin. It helps to put the connector body in a vice to free up a hand. Finally you will have to jiggle the wire free from the back end. Don’t just pull straight, try pulling from different angles as they seem to get caught sometimes.

I can’t find the tool I bought 20 years ago, but it’s a bit like this.

I tried with every depinning tool I have which is every kind and it didn’t want to come out

As you can see those locks fall into holes on the pin so you have to lift them up out of the hole before you can slide the pin back. Sometimes it helps to push the pin/wire into the connector before you try lifting the lock.
Thanks I’ll try that next time I’m working on it

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back