The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Delta Camshaft 4G63 272 Cams (Preview to review)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Any chance you can help identify the cams I have? They have the 'J' stamped at one end, like deltas, and they also have a '24' stamped into them. Do your deltas have a 24 stamped in them?

The cams was my originals i pulled out of my car i then sent them to delta and they ground them to different specs. My cams does have a j stamped on them. When delta regrinds cams they paint them blue in a couple spots to show that they have a race spec. They also engrave on the end of the cam what they are like 264 or 272.

Here some pictures of the cams after they came back.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If i woulda known these were under $200 i woulda forwent my light flywheel and popped these in when my timing belt was off. Now the motors in the car, i cant imagine re-timing it without a tensioner tool jobby. Ill get the 280's in June then, when i put some valves/springs/etc. in.

With a M8 x 1.25 threaded rod and two hex nuts double nutted on one end I can compress the auto tensioner, and swap cams out in about an hour.
No need to re-time either...

I'm going to get some of these for my 1G AWD with a Holset turbo; since it's an automatic I want as fast of spool as possible. Did these make your spoolup slower, faster, or unchanged?

If i woulda known these were under $200 i woulda forwent my light flywheel and popped these in when my timing belt was off. Now the motors in the car, i cant imagine re-timing it without a tensioner tool jobby. Ill get the 280's in June then, when i put some valves/springs/etc. in.

I found a long bolt (that wasn't quite long enough) and welded another bolt to it and ground it smooth again. It works great. I had a threaded rod, but regular threaded rod is too soft and it bent every time I used it.

I had a threaded rod, but regular threaded rod is too soft and it bent every time I used it.

Yep, you are right.
Threaded rod is too soft.
I actually have the tool that is made specific for the auto tensioner.
I had to thread my battery stay bolt to replace my buddies cam angle sensor on his 95.
Hardest part was finding a GD M8x1.25mm die....

Thats a good idea, i wasnt aware that worked with 6-bolt block, 7-bolt front case, and a modded 6-bolt timing cover. How does it work?

dyno yet? want to see how they do, I'm finishing my personal 4g build. 272 cams, big valves, titanium retainers, dual springs very excited to get it running.

BTW I listen to the video weekly, keeps my moving forward on mine !

Thought I would post this video since the only clips on here with Delta cams that I'm aware of are RedTurboEclipse's (which I think is heavily modded), and Chanley Talon (open dump exhaust).

Here's my car at idle with the Delta 272/272's. The video is dark, but should give you an idea of what these cams sound like on a stock engine with full exhaust.

These were dropped in without degreeing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MrNZHVVPCJY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MrNZHVVPCJY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

No, it's a 3" catless TBE. What I meant to convey was that the engine internals are that of a stock 7-bolt. Other mods are in my profile.

Here are some pics of my delta regrinds after 800miles on my new rebuild.

Attachments

• Car pics 008.jpg
    Car pics 008.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 515
  • Car pics 009.jpg
    Car pics 009.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 478
Yes I was very happy when I pulled the valve cover, that and my arps where really tight and only 2 needed to be tighter, I just did 90ft lb on all of them for the hell of it.

Last edited:
Well I'd expect cams that are identical material to stock since they are ground of of stock cams to have a great long service life :thumb:. Regrinds are oem quality with aftermarket performance and all for less !!!!

The more miles I put on I'll keep a photo update, my next one will be at 2k or more.

I did the H272 this was about Sept. 09 I purchased them I didn't know then they had the K272 I might have gone with those. I did notice way more top end with these cams as soon as I switched from the the 16g to the 6152 and I love them soo far.

I was under the impression that there H and B where regrinds, and the K272's where ground from new billets? True? for the record, I own there H272's now. No complaints really, they just aren't aggressive enough. I keep my mods to myself but, in case anyone wants to know some basics (16g, e85, 25+ psi, Link v3, 950's, etc). Also an hx35 is on stand by.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back