The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Dejon Tool intake????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95mitsugsx

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 2, 2002
Andover_MN
I have a 95 GSX that is for now completly stock. What Dejon tool intake is suggested for my stock T25 turbo. Are the 3" intakes to big?? Which size intake is most highly recommended?
Thanks In advance.

There is no recommendation. If your going to upgrade to larger than a t28 in the future, I wouldnt even buy one. Just put a cone on the end of your flex hose as youll be buying a new one to fit the larger turbo later on. 3" is fine, thats what most tend to get. I think I have a 2.5" though, I cant see how it would make a big difference unless your turbo inlet was bigger than the pipe itself...

agreed.. if you are intending on upgrading to anything other then a T28 series turbo then dont bother with a 2.5" intake.. Hell you might even consider getting the 3" intake now with a reducing coupler to mount to the T25.

The 3in. pipe from dejon come with the reducing coupler and will fit a t-25. Your turbo will love you for getting the 3in.

i was asking the same question at first.. but i jus dont think its worth getting the smaller inlet pipe when i know i'm going to upgrade in the future.. i'd just be wasting my money.. so i'm going to get a 3" inlet pipe with a reducer to fit the t25.. so when the time comes to get a bigger turbo.. i wont have to sell the inlet pipe to get a bigger one.. again thats hwat im gonna do.. might also be a good idea for you as well..

Thank you very much, that is very helpful, but where can I get the reducer from 3" to 2.5 "? Also what accessories do I need with the intake pipe. Do I need just the Cone filter?

is the 2G stock rubber hose smaller then turbo inlet?

on my 91 i put on a dejon full "S" stlye intake. i then took it to the track and ran the EXACT same MPH at every point on the time slip.

i did not have 1 single gain anywhere.

then when i put on a 16G, i cut the end of the rubber hose off and put a 45 degree piece of pipe in it 2.25" diameter. still used stock BOV return.

i ran this setup then put the dejon back on and tried that....... still no gains........

thats just my experience with intake pipes

Like I said before the reducing coupler comes with the 3in. pipe from dejon. And yes the only other thing you need is the cone filter with the adapter so it will fit up to your 2g mas.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back