The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Dejon tool intake question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rohitter7878

Proven Member
Mar 12, 2022
Greeley, Colorado
So when I bought my 95 dsm, the car came with this brand of intake. It has a small tube that goes upwards that is capped off, and it has a small hole at the bottom thay has nothing there. Wouldn't there be a nipple of some sort located on the intake to be able to run a catch can?

The small port on the bottom should be connected to side of the valve cover breather (right above the thermostat housing). The larger port on top is where the bov is recirculate to.

You’re running a maf so you “shouldn’t” be venting to atmosphere

So this is how the car is when I bought it, so the greddy bov needs to have a hose going from the end to the intake tube that is capped off?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This is the intake and has no nipple. Should I just buy a new one?

The nipple you would be looking for should be in that second pic. Looks like someone cut it off and put a plug in. The dejon intakes have long been discontinued so sucks someone destroyed it. You have to connect that hose though to pull air across the valve cover and vent the crank case air.

Grab a barbed fitting, thread the hole, use Teflon tape and thread it in.

Look at the bov and see if the outlet can be removed. I know some come with an adapter so it can be recirculate. I don’t think the one you currently have will work for recirculating.

The nipple you would be looking for should be in that second pic. Looks like someone cut it off and put a plug in. The dejon intakes have long been discontinued so sucks someone destroyed it. You have to connect that hose though to pull air across the valve cover and vent the crank case air.
So the nipple should be up top with the other bigger nipple? What about the second hole at the bottom in the second picture? Should that be plugged up instead?

Any help with that second hole at the bottom? Should I put the nipple up top or at the bottom

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back