The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Debating moving to Salinas from Indiana.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bricktop

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 24, 2009
Corydon, Indiana
Well, How should I start this off? My wife moved out here 6 years ago, and now she is wanting to move back. We are actually boarding a plane in the morning to visit her Family there. Now, I haven't been to Califonia since the Late 80's. So, I'm not sure what to expect.

If I decide to go ahead with the move I'll have to drive cross-country, with One of my DSMs in tow. I'll have to sell the other and most of my other toys.
I know the Cost of living is Higher and so forth. But, I guess my main concern is. How is the current job market? I'm currently a Corrections officer and I have a High School Diploma, thats it.

Also, The DSM I'll be bringing is a 91 AWD TSI - Heavily modified. Ie no Cat. I 've heard horror stories of CHP Impounding and Crushing Heavily Modded cars. Any truth to that? Any input at all would be great.:thumb:

The job market is very slow right now.The prices on houses and renting isnt that bad but theres a big gang situation in Salinas sadly.I wouldnt want to live here if i had a big family,in the future i would like to move out of here since i already have a 1 year old that i dont want to be exposed to this kind of lifestyle.I think for you line of work there should be alot of openings although there have been a few cuts in law enforcement.the only good thing i like about Salinas is that it has the best weather.Its never really hot or really cold!!! I think i would rather move to nieghboring small cities like Gonzales or maybe Gilroy and San Jose.The cops are not that bad here with modified cars unless you have a really big fart cans.Ive gotten stopped for having a front mount but the officer was koo and let me go,he just told me to get a front license plate which i was missing at the time.Salinas has an ok dsm crowd too.I believe were like 15 just in this sorounding area and the best thing is that we all look out for each and help each other out

So there is a visual inspection when registering after your Indiana registration expires that it will need to look like stock ish. Salinas is more affordable but kind of close to the coast which is nice. There is a prison near there maybe get the job first and apparently prisons still have turnover but there's a line so it Might be a while. So there's a prison about half an hour away. If your a prison guard Salinas wouldn't be anything you couldn't handle your car might be coveted anywhere you go. There's some nice things about Salinas but I hpe you know Spanish because it would be easier.:cool:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back