The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Debate Topic: Drug Criminalization

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I agree, we all do what we want with our bodies. That's not the point, the point is what week leads too.

Being "weak" when it comes to drugs is called self-control. If you don't have it, or can not attain it, it is in no way any person beyond your selfs fault. Who should be blamed for that?

I have experimented with multiple drugs in my day. To this day I stick to pot on an occasion. I have enjoyed every drug I have ever done, but realize most are some you do every year or two for the enjoyment, they wouldn't be entertaining if you did them daily.

Depending on the situation I can function incredibly better than if I was sober. When high your mind opens up to multiple things, making decision making a little more involved, but the outcome is usually better. When I used to be stumped on homework or a take home test, I would smoke a little and would be perfectly fine again. I could take that test or homework and get a damn good grade. When I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was going on with my car, a little smoke, and I could process more things, It might take me a bit longer but I always felt when high I comprehended stuff easier and more throughly.

Phunny makes a great point, weed does lead to other forms of drug use, now I know everyone is going have a diffrent point on this, or know someone who hasn't, but the fact is that yes pot does lead to other drugs in genral, this is a fact that is very hard to debate and the trend is even worse with youths.

Now crensinivon, if you truly think that potheads are as productive as someone sober, than you must be smoking the best stuff on the market. Lets face the facts THC slows brain activity, we know this, there is no debate thats why people smoke to relax. As for what you do on you time is your business, this is true but at the sametime it isnt true.
If you smoke at home and drive afterwards your putting all of us at risk, same with any drugs,
No one has the right to do what ever they want in their homes, its a nice thought though,

In a laboratory study at NIDA's Addiction Research Center in Baltimore that controlled for alcohol's confounding effect, Dr. Heishman tested marijuana's effects on the functional components of driving. Study subjects smoked a marijuana cigarette, waited 10 minutes, then smoked another cigarette. Both cigarettes contained either 0, 1.8, or 3.6 percent THC. Twenty minutes after smoking the cigarettes, the subjects were given a standard sobriety test similar to a roadside sobriety test. The test showed that marijuana significantly impaired their ability to stand on one leg for 30 seconds or touch their finger to their nose. As the dose of THC increased, the subjects swayed more, raised their arms, and had to put their feet down in an attempt to maintain their balance. Subjects also committed 2.5 times more errors when they attempted to touch their nose with their finger.

And yes, I have smoked, I smoked for 7 years regs, meds, dank, dro and I do think its harmless for the most part, but know that im older I dont want people smoking and on the roads.

The data from these laboratory studies show that marijuana impairs balance and coordination - functional components important to driving

The data from these laboratory studies show that marijuana impairs balance and coordination - functional components important to driving
It's hard to take test results for fact without knowing all of the test variables. It's like saying 4 beers is guaranteed to impair a person to the point that they are unable to sufficiently operate a motor vehicle. And then leaving out the part that they used a 100 lb woman for testing. Obviously, a 250 lb man with a high tolerance will yield completely different results.

With that being said, I have a close friend that is a good beerpong player. But when he smokes a bit before playing, he's phenomenal. Twice as confident and twice as accurate. It's a night and day difference and everyone can tell. He's also much more careful when driving a car after smoking. He's more conscientious of other drivers, road signs, and even drives much slower for the most part. Like I mentioned before, much of it boils down to tolerance.

Phunny makes a great point, weed does lead to other forms of drug use
Correction - It can lead to other forms of drug use. I have quite a few friends that are marijuana users, and not a single one of them use any other drug. For the most part, they all share the same mindset; marijuana is safe, all other drugs are dangerous.

Lets face the facts THC slows brain activity, we know this, there is no debate thats why people smoke to relax.
Very true. So which is the lesser evil? Illegally smoking a joint for a 4 hour brain tickle, or going to the bar and actually killing thousands of brain cells while legally drinking two pitchers of beer?

I honestly feel that if marijuana needed to be processed like a cigarette, instead of simply harvested, then the government would already be taxing and allowing it's sale and use.

Two dads are at a baseball game.

One is screaming his ass off and yelling at the other team, standing up, and making an ass of himself. The other is calmly watching the game and genuinely enjoying what it is.

Which one do you think is on alcohol? Which one is one marijuana?

That's my whole point, really.

So does alcohol, but that's legal. However.. Alcohol also impairs judgment. I don't think marijuana does it as bad. You are also more prone to SPEEDING while drunk, but from paranoia from smoking marijuana, you'll go slower.

Oh so true you do drive slower and are much more prone to not make mistakes. I have friends who are state troopers, all of them have told me that if you are high or have a dime bag and a bowl in your pocket they'd probably let you go. If they pull you over and you blow a .081 they will take you to jail. I side with the cops as I have done both. The pothead normally gets rear ended by the drunk driver. Due to the fact that you don't really care your enjoying every little thing you do, its a chill and relaxing thing. Whereas alcohol is a definite agression enhancer. I don't know how many times I've read there's been another shooting outside a bar, alcohol was believed to be the cause. It's ridiculous. Pot is relatively safe.

If you let drugs do you, you have a problem. Remember you are supposed to do them.

Pot, shrooms, maybe even a line or 2 is ok. Everything else should be left alone, or done while at home with nowhere to go til the next day. This should also be done in moderation and with the understanding that anything harder is PHYSICALLY, not MENTALLY addictive.

Well i have to say this because some people just arent willing to see the benefits of smoking pot and yes there are negatives too. One huge effect it has is over time it lowers your testosterone levels...which means less angry people in the world= less violent crimes, less stealing, less wars and death ect. Point numebr two is that there was a time in my high school days when i used to light up before my auto classes and lemme tell ya what.. it made me amazing. i could focus and get down to buisness and do everything 10x better. Now i realize this doesnt happen to everybody and ###### shouldnt be taken by everybody. However it is a choice to smoke pot, nobody is forcing you to smoke. Same with every other drug that people find out and use. That being said have you ever met an angry high person? :p oh and think of how we help retail, munchies.... ROFL

:thumb: I had to.

Attachments

• 4510834.4625283.jpg
    4510834.4625283.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 50
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back