The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Debatable: stock FPR with 255 hp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2GBossLady

Proven Member
Apr 2, 2020
Aurora, Colorado
I've read through all the forums related to whether the stock fpr can handle the upgraded Walbro 255 and it looks like everyone has a different opinion. An adjustable one makes sense so I think I'll go that route, however in the meantime I wonder if anyone has experienced this as I have stumped the 3 master techs I work with along with my 4g63 expert best friend LOL

Car wont start (typical I know-still working through the list of WHY!???). When I went to see if the fuel pump may be bad and install the 255 hp (gss342) my buddy gave me, I discovered it already had a 255 lph (gss317). All the searches helped me figure out this may have been what caused my stock fpr to go bad.

Now the weird part; when I performed the fuel pressure relief procedure, fully expecting to get less crank than I'd been getting, IT TURNED OVER! For like 2 seconds. Sputtered out like it should, but cannot for the life of me figure out how it could turn over at this point but not with anything else I've done. Anyone seen this before or have any ideas???

I ran my 92 auto Talon on a 255 and no AFPR without any bad results. I did get the AFPR later but it ran without over run for my car, so I have actually done it.

I have no idea how long it's been upgraded and running on the stock but I did test the stock one to verify it wasnt working. If it's been done and didnt cause problems with the stock one I'm still at a loss of what's going on, especially with it starting when I relieve pressure. I'm baffled.

I would reccomend an afpr. Like marty said It has been done, without issues.
Still would reccomend an afpr, especially since your having other issues. You could actually see hey I'm getting 43 psi. So I'll chase down what could be why my car is doing this. I hope that makes sense.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back