The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Dayco Harmonic Balancer

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SixBolt_16G

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 7, 2005
Markham, Illinois
99 GST
Aftermarket rods, pistons, cams, no A/C.
My car isnt a daily driver, but doesnt see much racing anymore either. just have it for summer cruising.

Anyone ever try this balancer?

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=5431392&cc=1356634&jnid=479&jpid=2

Im in need of a new balancer and just thought I would ask before I dish out $150 for an OEM one. Would love to have a Fluidampr and be done with it but thats not possible, and have had a few friends try the Dorman only to have it fall apart. Did a search and found no info on this.

Thanks

I've used Dayco brand on other parts on other cars before and they seem to be a decent alternative to OEM. However, there are certain particular parts that I will only trust OEM. Personally, on a crank pulley, I would use OEM, or upgrade to better quality, but that's just me. You could probably get away with a lesser quality item if you're not pushing the car.

I've had stock replacement aftermarket brands fall apart after replacing them on customers' cars. I'd have more trust in OEM or a Fluidamper/ATI style damper.

I wouldn't recommend them. I work as a professional mechanic. They are great for me, advance autoparts pays me to do warranty work a couple times a year on them. (When customers insist on cheaper parts, and the thing fails within the 90 day labor period for commercial customers).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back