The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

day 15 of the build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3kgt2nv

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 7, 2011
poughkeepsie, New_York
so today was the tranny's turn to go back in. I installed a new faceplate on the lightweight fidanza flywheel that i wasn't happy to keep but the one i wanted was hopelessly back ordered. It got an act 2900 pressure plate and a solid 6 puck clutch. I installed all new bolts and hardware and torqued everything to spec. the started shim plate was cleaned and resprayed a high temp black. The tranny was resprayed and installed with the solid motor mounts in place. everything went together fairly easy considering the mounts have zero give. next is to start the exhaust manifold and finish the solid mount for the drivers side of the engine

2011-08-30_16-35-38_152.jpg

2011-08-30_18-11-51_349.jpg

thanks trying to fix all the crap the previous owner did is a work in progress but better to do it all the first time than piece meal it over a few years

Noticed in the first picture the transmission to block dowel pins are missing. Hopefully you put them on after that picture was taken and before the second picture! Also, I couldn't help but notice your clutch master cylinder looks like an OEM replacement part. These two things have been known to cause clutch engagement issues, so I thought I might bring them to light, just in case.

I'm really interested to see how the solid motor mounts will feel. I have a solid front and polys everywhere else and it doesn't feel so bad, other than at idle. Can't wait to see progress on the manifold. Keep up the good work!

the dowels were in the tranny so they are in there. didnt know about the clutch master ill look into replacing it asap as im not looking to have to deal with an issue down the road. thanks for the heads up

as far as the solids go i had full solids all around on my 3000gt along with many other people so i dont think it will be bad. there is still enough vibration damping through the subframe bushings.

LOL coolant bottle was just to test some spacing for some ideas and yes eventually i will be making all tubular sub frame bars all around the car. before that happens though i want to get it running

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back