The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Dashlights

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sullbren17

Proven Member
Nov 29, 2012
Chadron, Nebraska
i bought thecar with aftermarket headlights and i thought they were stupid and i took them out. When i took them out i took out the modual thing behing the stereo and there was a green and white wire something like that my tail lamp wire and i took it off that and i grounded it and it blew my fuse and thats how i found out it was for my tail lights too... but my problem is that i dont know where to connect the green and white wire i also have a black and white or black and yellow wire next to it and i dont know where to reconnect the 2 il take a picture and post it on here in a second

Help??? :)

Can someone help me with this???? please

Attachments

• 050813140446.jpg
    050813140446.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 104
I did some reasearch and i know that the green and the black wires are for the tail and dashlights that go to the dimmer switch the green wire is a hot wire and the black must be a ground but i have a feeling that they were on a plug and whoever put the lights in cut it there and now i have the wires behind the sereo and i dont know where thos wires go idk if my dimmer switch is bad or not i figured if i connect the two wires under the stereo it would bypass the dimmer?

Are you sure its for your headlights? It look more like 3 of the 4 wires that hook up to the cigarette lighter. The green and black goin to the mini lightbulb.

DASH LIGHTS, not head lights the my after market power unit for the aftermarket guage faces connected into the green and white wire also your runing and dashlights work with the same fuse and if i ground out the green wire it will blow my runing light fuse and it only sends 12 volt throu when the tail lights are on

If the wire color codes are the same on a 2g as they are on a 1g;

The GRN/WHT is your illumination circuit (will read 12v+ when ever the parking light circuit is turned on) -Don't ground this wire!

The BLK/YEL wire should be your dimmer circuit (will read a percentage of ground, depending on where the dimmer knob is set to) -Don't ground this wire!

The BLK wire should be a dedicated chassis ground

Yeah i understand that and yeah thats correct. but those wires are just hangin out under my stereo there cut and my dash lights dont work at all or climate control lights but my tail lights work nothing in the interior works. i think that he wires were on a plug or something but im not sure :(

If this helps anyone the the green IS illumination, and the black and yellow IS dimmer. The wires in the picture are NOT from the stereo harness i checked the wiring harness theres a blue and dotted wite wire with thos bunches in the picture the blue goes to my cigerrett lighter. Does the dimmer or illumination connect to the cigarette lighter because its just a dead end and i cannot figure out my dash lights or climate control lights. I need help bad

can someone go out to their car and pull the stereo out and look at the wiring on the cigarette lighter and tell me if there is a green, black and yellow, or blue wire connected to it and if there isnt a black and yellow wire or a green and white wire connected can you follow the wire back to the harness and tell me were the G/W and BLK/YLW wire go?

Not one person on here can help me with this ive looked at those wires multiple times and i can not figure this out help please

The dimmer (black/yellow) wire has to be grounded in some cases to make dash light work. Try wiring in a small light bulb there, with + of the bulb going to the dimmer wire and the - going to the ground wire or a metal piece on the car. See if that gets you anywhere. Also test the dimmer switch to be sure it's not causing the problem.

I crossed the dimmer wire on the plug so it should turn on and someone told me not to ground the dimmer wire. but is the dimmer suppose to be ground to the cigarrette lighter?

Theres already dimmer and illumination hooked up to the stereo same color wires are in the harness

Unfortunately it is difficult to answer where they go with limited opportunity to see the area where the wires are.

As mentioned, all the illumination circuits for the instruments, etc. use the same g/w and b/y wires for control. Perhaps a connector was cut off to facilitate the installation of whatever "module" you removed, or there are some other wires also loose in there that these need to connect back to. You will need to look further into the dash area and see what you can find.

If those do go to the cigarette lighter, it would only be for the light, not the power for the lighter heating element itself.

Another possibility is you have blown some of the other bulbs in the process of blowing the fuse. You may end up having to replace some of them as well.

I just reinstalled the aftermarket lights it works and stuff so i just kinda gave up on it i cant figure it out the car is trash anyway

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back