The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Dash lights wont turn on

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbo_Frog

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 6, 2003
TexasUS
Back when I installed my indiglo gauges I wired them to my cigarette lighter so I could turn them on along with my headlights and everything. Well for some time my cig lighter didnt get plugged back on and I figured I would need it so I decided to plug it back in. Once all was said and done I was going to leave my house and I noticed everything turned on but my indiglo gauges, obviously i left something unwired so I went back under and checked it out, I noticed a black wire was loose and since i know nothing at all about wiring I tied that wire with all the other ones and it made a pop sound, and now my in dash lights dont turn on. I got my indiglo gauges to work but all the buttons and lights inside dont turn on. I checked all fuses and none are blown. I know I blew something due to me being an idiot and tying the ground wire with all others, my question is...Where can I take it to get fixed or what do you guys think I did? Maybe I blew every individual bulb that lights up my instruments? I have a friend that is very good with wires, If i figure out the problem we could defenetly fix it. HELP!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Did you check the fusebox under the hood?

I checked all fuses, none are blown. Is it possible I blew every individual bulb that now wont turn on? I dont know what else it could be.

Were you able to fix that ? I did the same thing when i was installing my stereo now my dash lights dont turn on i checked the fuses i have no idea whats going on with that..

I did the exact same thing trying to wire my autometer gauges to my cigarett lighter. I heard a pop and could not find any blown fuses. Well it turns out that I had sum how blown my dash light dimmer switch, you may want to look into that. I found that a new dimmer switch would cost about $40, which i have never dimmed the dash lights in my life and didnt want to spend that. So I folowed the instructions on this thread and I found and hard wired the dash lights so they always on full intensity. I just bypassed the dimmer switch. I did this about 7 months ago and it is still working fine. Heres the link to that thread its kind of hard to follow so if you need help let me know and I will go look at how my wire setup is and get back to you.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/problem-diagnosis/249917-instrument-dimmer-control-switch.html

haha I didnt realize how old this thread was. I updated that link I gave you and put some pictures on there with directions. I hope this helps. If you'v checked all the fuses there is a good chance this might be your problem. That was the case with me anyway. If you fine the problem let me know what it was I'm kind if curious, and if its not this we'll try something else.
Oh and welcome to dsmtuners.

I did this to my 92 GMC Jimmy when wiring up my radio well actually my friends thought it was funny to make sparks with the wires until I punched them in the face that ended them ever touching my stuff ever again. But my tuck is CANADA model or w/e and is all digital even the 4x4, and ever since then when I turn my lights on my dash goes completely out which some times leads me to drive in the dark with no lights LOL so I know how fast to go, and it also created some kind of glitch in my MPH like I would be going a steady 45 then it would jump to 130 MPH. I wish I could go that fast but I only had it up to 115 MPH top. But if I am not mistaken I think it may have messed with my computer system as you said no bad wires or fuses and i also replaced my dimmer and I still haven't fixed this problem....hope that helps good luck!

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
I bougt a 95 gst shell and when I got it running none off the light turned I cangrejo the speedometer and it wosent that checked all my fuses and they where good but thanks ima try that's and ill see if it works.....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back