The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Dash light indicator meanings.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diatenshi

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 15, 2008
Tampa, Florida
Anyone have an image or diagram of what the dash light indicators mean? The one thats light up is next to the door ajar one, looks like a birdcage??

I just replaced the oil cooler (sandwich plate) because the seal blew and it was pushing oil and pressure in to my cooling system and blowing hoses.

I know for a fact it is full, i just filled it. Where is the sensor located?

its your coolent temp sensor light from your overflow tank just fill it back up and it should cut off..if it dont then you need a new one

yea thats what i meant thanks LOL :)..i call it an overflow tank mine cut offf as soon as i filled it up a little

This has been posted before. Please search next time.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/104187-what-light-coolant-tent-memorial-parthenon-dash-light.html

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/274319-dash-light-turned-dont-know-what-means.html

Search terms = "dash" and "light" http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/search.php?searchid=7694149

18054d1061289839-weird-light-stupidlight.jpg

I did search, 3 times. I have owned a DSM and been on this site long enough to know to do that first. Nothing came up for what I searched though, so what ever. I always fill my over flow to half. It is and has been half but still showing the light. I checked and topped off everything but still have the light.

Strange.

P.S.
(searched dash light indicators, dash lights, and dash warnings and didn't see an answer i needed)

I did search, 3 times. I have owned a DSM and been on this site long enough to know to do that first. Nothing came up for what I searched though, so what ever. I always fill my over flow to half. It is and has been half but still showing the light. I checked and topped off everything but still have the light.

Strange.

Well if filling it didn't trun the light off then it's time to make sure the float isn't stuck and make sure the wiring isn't grounding out somewhere.

All the junk in the coolant settles out in the overflow and gums the sensor up.

Well if filling it didn't trun the light off then it's time to make sure the float isn't stuck and make sure the wiring isn't grounding out somewhere.

All the junk in the coolant settles out in the overflow and gums the sensor up.

Could very well be, there was some thick nasty shit in that overflow. I will try to clean it out good in the morning and see if that fixes.

appreciate the info.

Lots of hot water and soap. If you are gentle you can remove the sensor from the bottom by stretching the rubber seal and clean it alone, then go at the container and clean it
Just did this works flawlessly (also try spraying some brake clean in the holes in the sensor to help flush it out) light went off right after cleaning it

Anyone have an image or diagram of what the dash light indicators mean? The one thats light up is next to the door ajar one, looks like a birdcage??
Oddly enough, if it looks like a carousel, it means your headlights aren't closing completely and the motor is running. I had a grasshopper stuck in mine and spent over a week trying to figure this one out.

The carousel indicator light is definitely for low coolant level in the reservoir.

There is no indicator on a 1G from the factory that the pop-up headlights are in their up or down position or any other indicator telling the operator that they are not quite closed.

If someone rigged yours, that’s one thing. But that’s certainly not the way it is for the vast majority of these cars.

What tripped it was the pull to the battery. Not sure why that light was the one that lit, but that's what the issue was. It was caught at the dealership. Like, I said, it took over a week to figure out what was causing it after other issues were ruled out. Mechanic just happened to find that the battery was draining, then found the tiny humming headlight motor. Weird, I know.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back