The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Dash Cluster instruments

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin DuBois

Proven Member
Aug 15, 2019
Oakland, California
When I melted the bearings out of my original 7-Bolt due to low oil pressure and the factory cluster gave me no warning, I decided Instrumentation would never let me down again:

These pics are from the refresh done about two years back now:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
plug-n-play 😆

The check engine light is also a button. The button turns the light off - cause back then, I just ignored it. before ECM Link

Last edited:
This looks awesome!
Thank you! i always appreciate your reactions and comments.

The hard ish part about this was reverse engineering the indicator lights from the factory cluster. There is a diode needed for the e-brake and coolant reservoir indicator. Even with LED bulbs, the diode was necessary as the LED lamp bulbs were designed to work with polarity in both directions.

Last edited:
Great work! Nice, clean result.

We know what you mean about the reverse engineering part: We have not found pinouts of 2G cluster connectors, but they can be reversed traced via the circuit board in the back of the cluster.

We are prepping a project putting a GST gauge cluster in place of a Spyder GS gauge cluster. Hopefully, some good surprises ahead to write up.

Do you have the pinouts for any of the dash gauge connectors, or have a source to help?

Found it, note the 3 rectangles in the middle, with the corners numbered. This is how I locate the wires in the plugs that interface with the factory cluster.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back