The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G damn talon wont start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkblazen2003

15+ Year Contributor
May 19, 2004
brooklyn, New_York
i'm driving around picking up girls one night. get home park it. than next morning the car wont start. what can possibly be the problem. car is getting spark. motor is turning. i can smell fuel after repeated attempts to start it. timing is correct. what can be the cause.

how do you check to make sure car is getting fuel. i just smell fuel but not sure if it's reaching the motor.

feels almost like someone fooled around with my car, which i highly doubt. car ran great the night before without any complaints.

Try hooking up the logger to it. If it won't connect, it's likely the ECU took a crap.

You might want to check your timing marks as well just to be safe.

i hope it's the ecu. was going to convert the car to turbo this weekend and i have an eprom ecu ready.

but motor turns when i try to start. spark reaches plugs. how do i check to see if fuel is going to the injectors

bkblazen2003 said:
i hope it's the ecu. was going to convert the car to turbo this weekend and i have an eprom ecu ready.

but motor turns when i try to start. spark reaches plugs. how do i check to see if fuel is going to the injectors

A crude way is to turn the motor over with the fuel line going to the rail disconnected and shooting into a 2L pop bottle or something.

very crude.

the timing is ok. i will see if the rail is sending fuel. i'll keep the water hose close by LOL.

now that i know timing is good. i am certain it's a fuel problem

the ecu is fine. i put in my turbo ecu and it still did not work.

spark + turning motor + (timing, compression) + fuel = starting motor
It's got to be fuel related. the strange thing is i cam smell the fuel after repeated attempts to start it.

bkblazen2003 said:
very crude.

the timing is ok. i will see if the rail is sending fuel. i'll keep the water hose close by LOL.

now that i know timing is good. i am certain it's a fuel problem

the ecu is fine. i put in my turbo ecu and it still did not work.

spark + turning motor + (timing, compression) + fuel = starting motor
It's got to be fuel related. the strange thing is i cam smell the fuel after repeated attempts to start it.

I was just wondering because I own a few '90 model DSM's, Can you really use a turbo computer in a NT car? I thought that the wiring harness was different and that it wouldn't work... Just curious if I was missing something here? :dsm:

Well, just because you have fuel pressure doesn't necessarily mean you are getting fuel. Three things are required to make an engine run. 1 fuel and air. 2. compression. 3 spark at the right time. With that being said check for 12 volts at your injectors. If they pass that test, listen to them with a mechanics stethescope or screwdriver. If they are clicking you have 12 volts and injector drive. Pull the spark plugs and read them. If they are wet, I would change them and try again. If it still doesn't start let us know.

Good Luck

Back from the dead and I'm gonna bury it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back