The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Da Black Egl

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It is easier to just show the final product then update over time, besides who likes build threads that die. This is the story of the 90 Black Eagle Talon AWD Blk/silver – MAN PEDAL EDITION

It's all documented here

Back story: Previous owner dumped ~ 10$k into the car and sent a rod out the block 1500 miles after getting it running and then let it sit for 5 years. I was just going to look at it and maybe buy it for parts but when I rolled up and saw the 2GB Talon wheels I said, “I’m buying it”. For $900 I take it home (May 2019) and start to evaluate it, rust is minimal at best, never been crashed, and the doors shut so nice. I then make a list of needs and compare it with my inventory. I said screw it, one more build for the road. After 23+ years of DSMing this is probably gonna do it for me.

The goal:

Street car as always. Make this stock appearing as possible (oem manifolds), meaning put every OEM part that you can on the car. The AC was deleted by the PO and I wasn’t tacking it down. Other than that this is a full weight 1g AWD DSM, spare etc.

Power goal was nothing that will strip gears, basically take it to that point and don’t cross it. I settled on a FP black because it has to bolt to a 2g manifold. I had an HTA 68 but felt the Black Egl should have a BLK Turbo!!

Body/Int – should look stock as possible and under the hood EVERYTHING SHOULD BE BLACK… I mean full murdered. I have never seen that done on any car before (bikes yes) and I have built several different color schemed cars and an all black edition has been a pipe dream of mine for well over a decade.

From ( May to Oct 19) I went through every single nut and bolt on the car, did every single trick I know, cleaned her up, and painted everything. Oct 19-Mar 20 it sat during winter time. Finished the motor and got it running in June2020 on the 14b because the Black I ordered from on FP was only hold to due to the stupid PLANdemic BS. Not a big deal, there are always kinks to work out anyways. During Jun and July I fixed the little things and then the turbo finally arrived in late July. Got the black turbo on and then went through a new set of big boost issues (all ignition related). Got those issues sorted and have hit just under 40psi (39.7) on the thing….she ROLLS DA FoooCK OUT! No I will never take it to the drag strip because I like my DSMs and I like them continually running.

This is my turn key, nothing to look at, Fock around and Find out car, THE END!

What's the car with the blue engine bay next to da black at the end of this video? Would like to see more about this one too. Both Sweet! :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back