The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Cylinder head help...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trillatl

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 3, 2011
Akron, Ohio
Anyone in the Akron/Canton area any good at doing a head swap? This is my first DSM, Ive done one on my Integra a while back but I'm not sure if its the same deal here...

Keep track of all that comes out and where it came out of. IMO the timing is the most difficult part but not impossible. Not too bad at all :)

The crazy part is I know how to do the timing inside out... The only part thats going to piss me off is getting the header bolts that are stuck on off!:confused:

Lol yeah just be real careful not to strip them. If i remember right they should.be studs. So thats makes it a little easier.. and having the wobbly heads (ujoints) can make the job a little easier.

While you're doing a head swap might as well use arp studs and torque them properly.

Sorry im just not seeing this... pb blast got the headers off fine... When I broke down the motor it already had arp studs in it! WIN! Now i'm just rewiring my ignition switch and ill be turning her over... And yeah I have no problem helping anyone in the area. I'm pretty good with a wench:hellyeah:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back