The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink Cylinder down after 2 step or backfire.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowens1414

Proven Member
Oct 30, 2012
Bradenton, Florida
Essentially the title. If I 2 step or backfire and a flame comes out the motor briefly feels like it's a cylinder down for about 10 seconds. Almost sounds like a 600cc bike compared to a 250. Did plugs today and seemed better but still did it. Wasn't sure to put this in the electrical or tuning thread.

Likely has fuel added with anti lag. The extra fuel is flooding the motor. A data log helps.

Biglady is on track here. Anti-Lag usually adds 10%+ of fuel AFTER TDC so it is very possible, depending on how much fuel is being added, that it is fouling plugs temporarily.
And as suggested, if you could post a log while it is happening, it makes it much easier to try and diagnose.

Mine does the same thing. If I'm on the anti lag and launch it takes off like it should, if I hit the anti lag then let off and it goes back to idle it floods out runs poorly for a few seconds then goes back to normal.

mine kinda did that when it was a stick car. i started giving it a rev or two after i let off to clear the fuel out and it solved the problem.

ok so heres two logs i took. one is1st to 3rd wot purposely hitting rev limit to try an get the issue to happen but no cigar then the other log is just a 2 step with what felt like 2 cylinders down after momentarily.

also any inputs on the 1.4 knock ret. im very new to all of this part in the car world

Attachments

• 1-3 3rd long pull.elg
    72.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 2 step with missfire after.elg
    40.3 KB · Views: 81
ok so heres two logs i took. one is1st to 3rd wot purposely hitting rev limit to try an get the issue to happen but no cigar then the other log is just a 2 step with what felt like 2 cylinders down after momentarily.

also any inputs on the 1.4 knock ret. im very new to all of this part in the car world
I didnt mess with the anti-lag settings in the vehicle. When the cable comes in you can disable it. The 2 step will work without the anti-lag engaging. Im more than certain you will gain boost just from 2-stepping. Its super responsive.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back