The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

cylinder 1 miss

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtincher22085

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 17, 2010
Rockland, Maine
ok I have injector fire. compression and spark in cylinder 1 but it wont fire. its leaking oil out the exhaust side bad valve seal? cracked ring? head gasket and when I went to crank it over with the hood open it shot the dip stick out about 5 feet LOL i am getting pressure down below and oil leaking out the exhaust HG? HELP please:ohdamn: I made a 20 psi pull when this happened first time it has ever done this

Please use better spelling and grammar as it helps us out a ton on helping you.

First of all you've got to fix the misfire. Go standard NGK coppers gapped at .028"
Do a boost leak test.
Turn down the boost or do not boost to 20psi on a stock fuel pump.
Do a compression test and/or cylinder leak down test.
Completely fill out your mod list.

All the things mentioned can be researched through the search function, especially misfires.

First off on a stock fuel system you shouldn't run over 16PSI max. You should certainly do a boost leak test and compression test just to make sure that the numbers check out. Change your spark plugs to the above mentioned brand and the gap.

One thing you should do is check your PCV valves. If you're firing your dipstick out that means that you are building up excessive pressure in your crankcase. Please do a search for PCV systems and read closely to what is posted.

First off on a stock fuel system you shouldn't run over 16PSI max. You should certainly do a boost leak test and compression test just to make sure that the numbers check out. Change your spark plugs to the above mentioned brand and the gap.

One thing you should do is check your PCV valves. If you're firing your dipstick out that means that you are building up excessive pressure in your crankcase. Please do a search for PCV systems and read closely to what is posted.
I don't have a stock system sorry if i didn't mention that i have a walboro 255 and 560 injectors and an AFC. stock mas and haven't rewired yet. i have no compression in that cylinder and oil is coming out of the exhaust port. On cylinder 1

I am no expert by any means, but this sounds like a valve issue, possibly a valve stem seal? or many? Either way, I will be checking back on this thread to see the consensus of everyone else. Thats my .02

Do a wet compression test so you know if it's in the valves or the rings.

No compression? If that's the case its definitely time for a rebuild. You probably burnt a hole through the piston.

That's what you get for running 20-30psi without knowing what is really going on. The piston melted.
Hopefully you'll do you're research for the next motor before you go mashing on the gas and wondering why it's running funny.

Good luck.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back