The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

cyclone manifold?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J92EGSX

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 26, 2003
Cross Plains, Wisconsin
Has anyone tried a Cyclone manifold on their 1g? if so did you use the butterfly vavles? Any Problems?

It is hard to use the cyclone manifold properly since the butterfly valves require running the vaccum lines a little different. I wouldnt bother replacing your manifold with one.

take the cyclone manifold and throw it in the garbage.

what if i have the butterflys open? will it cause an idle problem? because they are naturally open.

thanks

Originally posted by J92EGSX
what if i have the butterflys open? will it cause an idle problem? because they are naturally open.
The ECU should deal with the idle. The butterflies close to increase intake velocity and raise torque. They open to allow more flow and more power, once the engine's up to higher flow.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back